Mmf With Cookie Crumbs?

Decorating By craftybanana2 Updated 11 Oct 2015 , 7:39pm by sweets2thesweet

craftybanana2 Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I was planning on making a rolled buttercream with finely crushed oreos. My question is this, can I add the Oreos to MMF? The recipe I have is just a jar of marshmallow creme and powdered sugar. I've never made it before. I am going to use it on cookie cut-outs, either as a filling or just on top.

If I can add the Oreos to the MMF, I'm assuming I mix them with the creme before adding the powdered sugar.

Also, my rolling pin is wooden.... should I go buy a plastic one, grease the wooden one, wax paper it? If I need to buy a plastic one, then I'll have to get one from Wally World.

I have a silpat to roll it out on, but cleaning the grease off that thing is a royal pain, it never "feels" clean. Is that just how it feels? My small silicone mat doesn't feel like the Silpat does, but it's a small Wilton one. The Silpat just feels yucky to me, maybe I'm just sensitive, lols.

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 11 Oct 2015 , 6:38pm
1 reply
sweets2thesweet Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 2

If the Oreos are finely crushed enough, I would imagine that that should work.  Personally I prefer my plastic rolling pin, but I have used a greased wooden rolling pin and it works okay.  Homemade fondant is a lot of trial and error, just getting used to what it takes to get the right consistency.  The best advice I can give is to just try it out and see how it goes! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%