Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This

Business By LibrarianBakes Updated 11 Oct 2015 , 1:12am by LibrarianBakes

LibrarianBakes Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 11

Well actually more like a week. This isn't really a question...more of an 'I need encouragement rant'. 

This week has been terrible. I had a wedding order due earlier today. Last night everything that could go wrong, did. It was such a simple order too! It's one of those weeks where you can't seem to make anyone happy. At my day job, I managed to anger an attorney and then had a scary deranged patron in my library to deal with. Then all cake-heck broke loose last night. 

So today I deliver the cake and the bride is right there so I ask her if she'd like to see it. It's a small rustic iced 7" along with cupcakes. See below (Small wedding). She looks at it and says nothing. Not a thing. Not even a grunt or anything. Ok. So I say ok enjoy your wedding day and I leave. 

I had so much trouble with everything going wrong last night. Made me want to just drive up to the venue and chunk the cake out the window and scream, "Here's your blasted cake!"

Of course I wouldn't do that, but I figured other cake people would understand.

561972ac65b8d.jpeg

10 replies
costumeczar Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 11

Well, next week has to be better...

That's a cute cake, she had no reason to not say ANYTHING. Weirdo. 

Jinkies Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 11

I agree, that's an adorable cake.  Don't let it get to you.   Some weeks are just like that....

LibrarianBakes Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the encouragement. The 'weirdo' comment lightened my mood a bit. 

costumeczar Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 11

Well seriously, who stands there staring at a wedding cake and doesn't say a word? Only weirdos.

Webake2gether Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 9:18pm
post #6 of 11

Hang in there I thought it was cute and were our own worst critic :) 

Brookebakescake Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 11

That is a cute cake :)
Hang in there, I delivered a cake a few weeks ago and hadn't heard anything from the bride.  To be fair, she wasn't there when I set it up.  Seeing it as staring at it is another matter lol.  Anyway, she did contact a few days later to tell me how much everyone enjoyed it.

So you never know. Maybe she was having a bad day and was overwhelmed and just couldn't form words at the time.  You made it though, with a cute cake to show for it, and that's what matters :)

-K8memphis Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 9:50pm
post #8 of 11

momma said there'd be days like this but she didn't say they'd come in bunches like bananas 

let calgon take you away bath.png 

LibrarianBakes Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 11:14pm
post #9 of 11

I'm sure she was stressed. That's what my husband said too. Maybe that's all it was, but it was still very awkward though. 

And I am definitely going to let Calgon take me away...along with a nice glass of moscato ;)

Pastrybaglady Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 12:31am
post #10 of 11

She liked it so much she was speechless! 

You deserve a night off.  When I've come off a crazy time I like to have a pajama day and just lounge around like a slug.  I highly recommend it.

LibrarianBakes Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 1:12am
post #11 of 11

Love it! I'm going with that...she was too amazed for words. ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%