Friday Night Cake Club 10/9/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 3:01am by swishykitty

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 3:57am
post #1 of 18

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their weeks, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! ALL levels of caking are welcome!

Cat

17 replies
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 4:07am
post #2 of 18

Here's one I did this week...simple but still... 56188efa3d173.jpeg

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 11:35am
post #3 of 18

Just a few things we did this week. We  were busy working on our video, website and ordering the rest of our ingredients and supplies in bulk. 

5618f80f4b6d5.jpeg5618f8100aacb.jpeg

Im going to work on setting up a photo area this week too!! Can't wait to see everyone else's work :)

Norasmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom2 Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 18

My little one was off school yesterday so we baked a pumpkin-cream cheese bundt cake.  it was delicious, very moist.  It was not decorated, though, and she picked off the top of it and ate it.  Such a silly girl!

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 18

56197e19b2050.jpeg56197e1a92d3d.jpegXThis is what I made for my son's 2nd birthday my first attempt at a 3D cake although the minion shape is pretty simple I still had to shape the top into a dome!! He stands over 12 inches tall he's chocolate fudge cake with cookies and cream buttercream and chocolate ganache 

catlharper Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 18

Very cute creations this week! Love the little onesies on the shower cake @baycheeks1  and your minion is totally adorable @shellbell181  I made one last year and they are not quite as simple as they look! LOL! @Webake2gether  setting up a business is a million little details...hope you find some time for R&R too!

Cat

oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 18

I had so much fun with this cake!  All buttercream but the drape and roses down the center (and Mr. and Mrs. Minion).  Fun flavors too -- Apple crumb, Dark Chocolate Raspberry, and French Toast Maple Bacon. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 18

@webake2gether your ghost carrying the jack o' lantern is adorable!  @shellbell181 your minion is so perfectly accurate!  I've been baking but nothing big or complicated.  Below is your standard chocolate confetti birthday cake:

5619a22de0a3f.jpeg

Here are some flower cupcakes:

5619a22e3907c.jpeg

These are Caramel Macchiato cupcakes topped with a chocolate covered coffee bean baked in Starbucks water cups.  I did not sell them they were for a dinner I went to.

5619a22e6d135.jpeg

*Last edited by Pastrybaglady on 10 Oct 2015 , 11:54pm
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 12:03am
post #9 of 18

here's one from this week...Pretty basic but i liked the callas.5619a74bd3989.jpeg

Webake2gether Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 12:42am
post #10 of 18

@Pastrybaglady  you can come to my house anytime for dinner if that's what you bring :) I'm a total coffee nut!!! And chocolate is like my cryptonite I get ghirardelli chocolates and swear to you I can eat the whole bag lol. 

jfraelich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jfraelich Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 2:02am
post #11 of 18

5619c3282de96.jpegV5619c32883104.jpeg5619c3290d000.jpeg

Here are two projects from this week. Ruffles were a theme for my orders apparently ☺️

catlharper Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 6:07am
post #12 of 18

Hi everyone! Working this weekend so haven't had much online time. 

@oftheeicing  There was no photo attached? Dying to see your cake!

@Norasmom  sounds like something I'd eat the top off of too! LOL! YUM!

@Pastrybaglady  The coffee freak in me is just dying to try those little "cups" of coffee!!!

@costumeczar  Lilies I could actually have at my wedding! That cake is simply lovely. SO elegant!

@jfraelich  I LOVE your "C" cake! I particularly love the colors but I think it's the ruffles on the bottom that do it for me! SO cute but in a grown up way!

Glad to see everyone is having a great week! My only baking was apple pie. We went on a pre-K field trip to pick apples and I brought home a bunch and baked them into a pie with a crumble topping. SO good! That was my bit of baking!

This next week I won't bake but there will be cake...MY birthday cake. SO excited..not for cake but for the fact that I get to go whale watching AND see My Fair Lady on the big screen the day of my birthday! Hope everyone has a great week!

Cat

oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 6:38am
post #13 of 18
catlharper Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 4:13pm
post #14 of 18

@oftheeicing  LOL! That is wonderful! The cake itself is great (the whole half and half thing) but the minions are adorable!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 11:49pm
post #15 of 18

@costumeczar  Your cake is gorgeous, the lilies are beautious :)

@jfraelich  I love the color combo of the C cake!

@oftheeicing  the mash ups are mindbending!

@Webake2gether  You know I live minutes from the Ghirardelli distribution center...

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 2:25pm
post #16 of 18

Hey everyone! It was Thanksgiving this weekend over here so I didn't take on any orders. Just made some simple cupcakes for the family that was coming over. I decided to try something new: Apple Pie cupcakes with cinnamon frosting. It was DELICIOUS heart_eyes.png We had a great weekend!

gZawjcpR7k-thanksgiving-cupcakes_900.jpg

Z0aHI3eIUp-thanksgiving-cupcakes_900.jpg

Everyone did a great job this week!

@shellbell181  Adorable Minion cake! I've always wanted to make one relaxed.png

@Pastrybaglady  As usual, amazing job! But those Caramel Macchiato cupcakes, WOW & YUMMY. One of my favourite drinks at Starbucks too haha!

Webake2gether Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 9:20pm
post #17 of 18

@Pastrybaglady  I would so steal one of those trucks haha just kidding it would be torture for me to live that close. My husband was eating one of my chocolates the other day and I told him I hope he enjoyed it bc that would be the last time he ate one of my girardhelli chocolates ;) 

speaking of chocolate I'll go enjoy one now!!

swishykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swishykitty Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 3:01am
post #18 of 18

This was my cake Friday night.  It was a surprise cake for a friend, ordered by her sweet husband- unfortunately at 8:30 pm Thursday night he changed the delivery time from Friday evening to Friday morning - no problem! She loved it, but is on a liquid diet pending gall bladder surgery.  Told her to take a picture of her with the cake, then quarter it and freeze it.  

Spent the rest of the weekend working on 70 mehndi designed sugar cookies favors for a friend's Indian fusion wedding this coming weekend.561c73f3d10b3.jpeg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%