Naked Ganache

Decorating By Cher2309b Updated 9 Oct 2015 , 2:51pm by Webake2gether

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 4:14am
post #1 of 9

I would like to cover a two-tier hexagonal cake in dark chocolate ganache and to apply fondant panels to each side, not covering the entire side. I would also like to attach some fondant decorations to the edges and sides  - trims and moulded bunches of grapes. Just wondering would this work or would the panels and decorations slide down the ganache? Do I, in fact, need to lay fondant over the ganache?

Looking forward to guidance.

Regards,

Cheryl

8 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 7:00am
post #2 of 9

It will work.

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 9:15am
post #3 of 9

Thank you Apti.

Apti Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 9

Here's a photo of a cake done recently for a neighbor's graduation from college.   It was my gift.  She specifically requested chocolate ganache "frosting" and filling with dark chocolate cake.   The hat is made with black candy melts, and fondant tassel.  The 2015 and UCSD are fondant.  The middle tier is also chocolate ganache, but I covered it with a layer of buttercream so I would have contrast between the tiers.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 9

@Apti  no picture :(

Apti Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 9

Sorry, the site won't let me print a photo.

Apti Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 9

Well, good morning!   Looks like we are both up at the crack o' dawn. 

If y'all send me a PM with your regular email addresses (if you care that much, it's just another cake....no biggie) I can attach it to a reply email.  This new format is making me nuts....NOTHING works.  I'll bet the site owners wish they'd never started this horrendous "make-over".     Heck, we don't even know if PM's work anymore.  

Webake2gether ~~ I'm off to another fun day of crafting with polymer clay.  This cake thing is pushing all the creativity buttons I never knew I had and now it's rolling over to non-edible stuff.  Sheesh!  What's next?  Making yarn sweaters?  Birdhouses? 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 9

I looove polymer clay.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 9

Knitten' some mittens? Haha

i just wanted to gawk at your work is all :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%