Hello From Cakesville!

Lounge By Cakesville Updated 14 Nov 2015 , 9:11am by Pastrybaglady

Cakesville Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone!

Finally going to introduce myself after being on here for the last couple of months. I have been inspired, encouraged, overwhelmed, in awe and admiration at the talent on this site all at the same time. Wow, an amazing pool of talent.

I’m Folake and have been baking for family and friends for a number of years. This year, I decided I could no longer keep the creative juices constrained, bit the bullet and decided to start my own business. No longer going to keep my light under the bushel.

I hope to also share my work with others who have the same passion on CakeCentral, so meet IYAWO – from my brides of the world collection. She is my native bride (Yoruba, Nigeria).

Can’t wait to get to know you all better and maybe even meet up personally with those local to me.

Have a blessed week!
Folake

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 6

hello folake welcome to cc 

that's a beautiful cake i love the sculpted top tier -- it works like magic above the perfectly proportioned necklace tier

best to you

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 5 Oct 2015 , 10:14pm
Cakesville Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the welcome k8memphis.

The top tier is inspired by the traditional headgear worn by the bride, known as gele.

-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 6

it looks a little familiar that way to me now that you say that  -- the design is brilliant

remnant3333 Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 4:00am
post #5 of 6

Welcome to the forum!! Your cake is beautiful!! Looking forwards to seeing your cake pictures!! 

Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 9:11am
post #6 of 6

Beautiful and elegant cake!  Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%