Cakepops

Decorating By LadiiBugKakes Updated 7 Oct 2015 , 8:10am by Shockolata

LadiiBugKakes Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for 60 cakepops for the 18th. I was making round, pumpkin and candy corn cake pops. I want to do a trial run before the time is over.  I am  trying to use the brownie pops silicone mold, but for some reason there isn't that much of a point and they are way to soft. I have thought about maaking a sheet cake and using a triangle cookie cutter to make the candy corn shape. What do you ladies think? Any ideas or help would be greatly apprieciated...

5 replies
Brookebakescake Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 6

If you make a sheet cake, they'd be cake "balls" instead of cake "pops" which would work fine unless you plan on putting a stick in them.  You need the density of a cake pop to put a stick in them.  Without a stick, they'd be cute little petite fours, which would be fine if that's what you're going for.

LadiiBugKakes Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 6

I am going to place a stick in them. I did a trail run with crumbling of the cake and adding a little bit of  frosting to make it thick. But doing it that way the chocolate cake taste like a Fudge Brownie. Is there anyway to change that, so it'll taste more like cake and not a brownie. 

ropalma Posted 6 Oct 2015 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 6

Use less frosting

Brookebakescake Posted 6 Oct 2015 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 6

Or maybe vanilla frosting instead of chocolate  

Shockolata Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 8:10am
post #6 of 6

Vanilla cake + chocolate buttercream

Chocolate cake + vanilla buttercream

Cake + buttercream and extra vanilla or liqueur of choice

Cake + buttercream and orange essence

Do not use frosting in a can, it is vile and will destroy your work. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%