Cake Pricing: Splurge Vs Steal

Business By Brookebakescake Updated 5 Oct 2015 , 2:30pm by LelekBolek

Brookebakescake Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 4

I just saw this article and had a small heart attach before I read it.  I was afraid the "steal" cakes would cost about $1.50/serving.  Good news: the cheapest "steal" is $8.50/serving.  And it shows very realistic ways to keep your cake within budget  Score one for cake decorators :)

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 2:11am
post #2 of 4

good to know somebody got it right -- i didn't read it all yet just skimmed the pricing & pictures -- looks like a really good comparison article -- thanks for posting, brooke

Apti Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 3:45am
post #3 of 4

Every baker who sells wedding cakes should print this out, date it, frame it, and put it up on the wall in the consultation room.

Thanks for posting!

LelekBolek Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 4

Brooke - thanks for posting!  I also was worried about "steal" being under $2. 

I just got shot down on an engagement cake deal, for charging about 4.50 per serving. I am not sore - I just wasn't going to work for free. I thought my price was more than reasonable. It is good to see this article. Sadly, customers don't do their "research" - beyond checking out  Wal Mart cake prices. 

In my offer, I'd mentioned that the bells-whistles-n-sparkle the lady wanted, were quite pricey to accomplish. Her "vision" cake was on a smaller size, too - much more work decorating (even just in material cost), for far less cake to eat.  

Oh well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%