Cake Batter

Baking By zinger60 Updated 4 Oct 2015 , 9:43pm by -K8memphis

zinger60 Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 2

I have been making cakes for years now and very seldom does it turn out that I have just the right amount of batter for the different size cake pans I am using each week. I was told by a fellow baker that she never has any leftover batter.  I don't know how that is possible.  When baking from scratch or from a mix, each one makes a certain amount of batter so I don't know how you would never have leftover batter.   Am I missing something?  Is this possible?

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 2

i can't speak for her but i bake my leftover batter in anything from a 2", 3" 4" pan on up plus i have multiples of all -- i have mini loaf pans -- any number of things including good old fashioned cupcake pans to bake off the extra batter then you gotta give them away or deal with the cellulite -- but i mean you can use the little mini pie pans -- just whatever you can find to bake that amount off in -- so yes i agree with you i rarely ever have the exact amount but no i don't have/keep leftover batter either --

but then again you can make partial recipes too -- however many eggs in there -- i divide by that amount to make a smaller portion of batter -- so for 4 eggs in a recipe i divide that one by 4 to make a smaller portion -- 3 eggs divide by three of course -- then y'know obviously decide how many portions of that i need -- stuff like that too

best baking to yah

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 4 Oct 2015 , 9:43pm

Quote by @%username% on %date%