Ugly Cake :/

Decorating By Megabot Updated 4 Oct 2015 , 5:01pm by Megabot

Megabot Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 3:41am
post #1 of 8

56109ff1ba3f1.jpegI just delivered a wedding cake and cupcakes and I feel everything turned out terrible . Or at least just not up to my standards. Feeling like I should offer some sort of refund :/ 

7 replies
Pastrybaglady Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 5:08am
post #2 of 8

Don't go offering refunds if the client is happy!  

maybenot Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 5:34am
post #3 of 8

We're all our own worst critics.  The cake is adorable.  Don't give it another thought unless the client complains--and then, ONLY listen to the client's complaints, NOT the voice of self doubt in your head.

cupcakemama3 Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 10:28am
post #4 of 8

I thinks it is precious!

costumeczar Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 8

It's cute!

lisatipperoo Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 8

It's very cute! I like the style of it and the finish is very neat and clean. Why wouldn't they like it? I would love to see that cake on my wedding table :-)

-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 8

no, you're wrong it is adorable but it doesn't matter what i think -- talk nicer to yourself going forward -- don't let yourself listen to the negativity -- it feeds on itself and has talked you right out of seeing straight -- kwim -- we all do it -- it's ok -- let it pass

ok next time put a pearl necklace, or a lace wing or teensy veil on the girl bird -- feel better yet? that's the only thing it might need -- it is fresh and clean and has life, spunky, pleasant, perfectly proportioned -- it is a well done sweet creation -- was it too easy to make? no i'm serious do you feel you did not labor on it hard enough -- if so then you did very well because you have a good editing eye -- it is a very good cake but you have to believe/say that -- otherwise it's a whirlpool that sucks you down deeper and deeper

so say nice things about you and your work next time, 'k?

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 4 Oct 2015 , 3:34pm
Megabot Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 5:01pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you for all the support! I've been doing this very part time, more like a hobby, for 5 years now and I think I just feel like my cakes should be perfect at this point. I put too much pressure on myself, but I just wants cakes to turn out like they are in my head :/ thank you for all your support you made me feel much Better!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%