Friday Night Cake Club For 10/2/2015

Decorating By catlharper Updated 5 Oct 2015 , 1:54am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 6:02am
post #1 of 13

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! ALL levels of work are appreciated here so jump in and say HI!!

Cat

12 replies
catlharper Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 6:04am
post #2 of 13

Hi everyone...I worked again tonight so here it is 11pm and I'm just now able to get on here. No cake this week. I have a funeral tomorrow (friends mother) so we moved the party to next weekend. Hope everyone is doing well!

Cat

nowitsmommytime Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nowitsmommytime Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 6:40am
post #3 of 13
Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 13

Sorry to hear of your loss. We had a busy week of sanitation classes and our final health dept  inspection which I'm happy to report went perfectly!! I did bake this week too out of my brand new kitchen yay!! First order was just a rushed order of cupcakes and the other I'm still working on goes out today. I also did a toasted coconut cream pie for a good friends birthday (no charge) and it wasn't out of our commercial kitchen. Hoping to pick up some more orders this week as well. Oh and my husbands delicious cinnamon rolls just had to share bc they were awesome lol 

560fce4a4f5d2.jpeg560fce4b4849d.jpeg560fce4c208cd.jpeg

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 13

@Webake2gether  Oh yummy! I'm a huge cinnamon fan. There is a traditional cinnamon roll in my hometown (and you only find them there!) which are called "Franzbrötchen". I miss them every morning, lol. I tried to make them but the temperatures in the tropics are not good friends with puff pasty and since I don't have a/c in the house I gave up trying to make them 😕

Here's how they look like (not mine sadly)...

560fe0191159e.jpeg

catlharper Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 13

@nowitsmommytime   Hope you stop back in to say hi! Looks like your post didn't actually take.

@Webake2gether   YEA!!!! Congrats!! SO happy for you guys!!! Hope the orders come rolling in! I, too, adore cinnamon rolls. Unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to have a morning to make them since I started work. Days off have been for catching up on my photography work or home stuff. But I adore them...my favorite breakfast.

@julia1812   I had some of those type of cinnamon rolls when we were in Germany! Are you from Germany?  We were there for several days and the hotels we were staying at in Frankfurt and Munich served them. Simply lovely!!! My mouth is watering just remembering.

Fortunately, for me, I barely knew my friends mother but she is devastated. Her mom was a mom like I'm a mom...friends with her girls, the center of the family, very loving and funny and her girls are lost without her. Two of her girls are getting married in the next year so really devastating. It was an aneurysm out of the blue. Proves once again that we are not promised the next second much less the next day or year. So we are going to go surround the girls with love and try to help them get through this awful thing.

Cat

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 13

@catlharper 

Yes, I'm from Hamburg actually.

What a surprise they sell them in Frankfurt and Munich too. Normally they are quite hard to come by even like 5 km past our city boarder lol. But good...just proves how good they are! Wish I could make them here...

Webake2gether Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 10:44pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks @catlharper  it's been a journey and the work is only really beginning lol. Still much to do before we are running smoothly. But I'm excited and being able to sell is amazing :) 

@julia1812  those look yummy I love pastries!!! 

I finished my order of 80 pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream I had hoped for something a little different but I'm still pleased with them. I can't wait to have our photo area set up for better pictures. 56105a5bafe62.jpeg56105a5ca5b43.jpeg

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 1:59am
post #9 of 13

wonderful looking goodies ladies!

cupcakemama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemama3 Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 10:35am
post #10 of 13

Well this week I had a baby shower cake order and my daughter's 16th birthday cake. She requested a city skyline. I also made pumpkin spice cupcakes but I don't have a pic of those. Also, the cake was salted caramel which was a first for me. Everyone loved it!561100d82fe74.jpeg561100d8e4203.jpeg561100d9a00af.jpeg561100da6742e.jpeg

Webake2gether Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 11:23pm
post #11 of 13

Just finished this cake 5611b4fbc0412.jpeg5611b4fc93ab5.jpeg

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 11:33pm
post #12 of 13

I'm posting a little late this week but here goes!

First off, I made this Minecraft cake with matching cupcakes:

syok8ZFUzm-minecraft-cake-cupcakes_900.jpg

Some simple cake pops with sprinkles:

c9OLHjtzkL-pink-and-blue-sprinkled-cake-pops_900.jpg

A rustic wedding cake:

FAwqw6cJ9l-rustic-wedding-cake-and-cupcakes_900.jpg

and a Lady Bug themed cake for a first birthday:

DRDySuKiir-lady-bug-themed-first-birthday-cake_900.jpg

Everyone made some lovely cakes and cupcakes this week!

catlharper Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 1:54am
post #13 of 13

@cupcakemama3   Love the cakes! Your daughter's birthday cake is awesome!

@Webake2gether   This is SO cute! It so reminds me of It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

@SweetShop5   All of the cakes are wonderful but the last one is my favorite! Love the colors and I have a friend by that name so that sort of sews it up for me! LOL!

Have a great week everyone!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%