What Is This?? Help!

Decorating By Maryam71 Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 12:49pm by Maryam71

Maryam71 Posted 29 Sep 2015 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all, 

I'm new here, and I love it! 

I have one question and I really hope you can help me. 

do you know with what the bottom of this cake is decorated? I really would like to know! 

Thank you!!! 


8 replies
bakernoob Posted 29 Sep 2015 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 9

I think it's called spoon icing technique. A quick google search shows MANY how to videos. It is very simple to do. HTH

Marie0616 Posted 29 Sep 2015 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 9


you simply use the back of a spoon to create the texture. See attached.

really cute cake...have fun!

Pastrybaglady Posted 29 Sep 2015 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 9

It's decorated with a buttercream blob, spoon spread  it, another blob, spoon spread it...

Maryam71 Posted 30 Sep 2015 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone!! You guys really helped me out!!

cupcakemama3 Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 1:55am
post #8 of 9

You can also do it with an 560c928aaa340.jpegoffset spatuala. That's how I did this cake.  It's easy to do. 

Maryam71 Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 12:49pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks you all so much!!! The cake looked great, thanks to you!!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%