Help With 9X13 Layout

Decorating By whitleyjean Updated 28 Sep 2015 , 2:43pm by whitleyjean

whitleyjean Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 1:37am
post #1 of 3

I have a cake due this weekend, which is a 9x13 buttercream retirement cake. The customer wants a TX flag and a TX Rangers logo on it, with "God Bless Texas" AND a happy retirement phrase (which she is getting to me tomorrow). She also just threw in that she would like some fishing lures on it. I am struggling with how to incorporate it all! I prefer things a little more cohesive.... Any advice?? TIA!

2 replies
-K8memphis Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 2:27am
post #2 of 3

<p>i would take some license with this and i'd float it all past the customer before proceeding -- i'd place the colors of the flag, the red white & blue and wrap the colors around the edges then put the baseball with the 't' on it in place of the star -- i'd eliminate the red & blue circle around the logo then put the inscription on the rest of the flag and sprinkle the fishing lures around the bottom border -- maybe put a larger star than usual under the baseball

whitleyjean Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 3

She has stated she wants white buttercream. (I I had asked about making the whole cake colored like the flag). I did a practice FBCT last night & it turned out decent. Just need to figure out the placement.... Once I know how much wording! ;-) Maybe I'll put one in each corner to keep it balanced.

Quote by @%username% on %date%