Edible Ink Cartridges And Print Edit Programs

Business By Kiddiekakes Updated 27 Sep 2015 , 12:44pm by icingimages

Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 4

What is the difference between chipped cartridges and non chipped if they are for the same printer model?

Also what is the best program to get to edit and cut images for printing?

3 replies
craftybanana2 Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 4

Here is what I found in regards to chip vs no chip:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100422061114AADAI18

It seems that the printer needs the chip, and if you buy unchipped ones, then you have to take the chip from the old ones and affix it to the new ones.

As for pictures, I don't have an edible printer, but I use a free software called Gimp to edit my photos. Gimp is free and similar to Photoshop. It works best on Linux, but runs on Windows too, with a bug. The bug makes it crash when you choose text/patterns from a non-independent window. You get used to it :)

icingimages Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 4

HI there,

Assuming you are purchasing a Canon printer, all cartridges are chipped now.  Several years back, when they started using the chips, some cartridges came with chips and some without.  Now, all cartridges are chipped, the chips cannot be removed or replaced on them so I wouldn't worry about them. Unless it specifically says non-chipped, I wouldn't be concerned.  But I don't think you can even get them unchiped now. So most companies may not even be mentioning it.  If someone is stating that they are unchipped can you please message me so I can look in to it for you.

As for software, I know for Icing Images, our customers have free access to the edible printing programs from our website.  They are specifically designed for edible printing and allow you to use our icing sheets sizing with them.  In addition, when you go to print on the precut circles that are used with cupcakes, the placement of the picture on the different circles.  For more information on this free program visit: http://www.icingimages.com/iprint

icingimages Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 4

HI there,

Assuming you are purchasing a Canon printer, all cartridges are chipped now.  Several years back, when they started using the chips, some cartridges came with chips and some without.  Now, all cartridges are chipped, the chips cannot be removed or replaced on them so I wouldn't worry about them. Unless it specifically says non-chipped, I wouldn't be concerned.  But I don't think you can even get them unchiped now. So most companies may not even be mentioning it.  If someone is stating that they are unchipped can you please message me so I can look in to it for you.

As for software, I know for Icing Images, our customers have free access to the edible printing programs from our website.  They are specifically designed for edible printing and allow you to use our icing sheets sizing with them.  In addition, when you go to print on the precut circles that are used with cupcakes, the placement of the picture on the different circles.  For more information on this free program visit: http://www.icingimages.com/iprint

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%