Using Fresh Batter With Previously Frozen Batter

Baking By nanefish Updated 27 Sep 2015 , 2:38pm by leah_s

nanefish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanefish Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 5

I am a newbie and have been lurking around the boards for awhile. So much great info on here! I have read the posts about freezing cake batter and know it can be done successfully, however I am wondering if you can mix batter that has been frozen with freshly made batter and still get good results? I'll be using the WASC recipe. Thank you all for your expertise!

4 replies
nanefish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanefish Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 5

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 5

i never do this -- but if i did i would defrost it and slip it into the mixer on the last few go 'rounds so it all incorporates -- I'd figure it might come out a bit different color or texture a bit so i'd give it a good mix

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 5

but i would never do this because i think it takes a flavor bang and freshness punch out of your product --i would have baked it off in the first place as cupcakes or a cake layer that I could freeze -- i just would never trust it in that state -- the double acting baking powder would be shot -- just have to add a tad (of bp)  but i'd recommend not doing this going forward --

best to you

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 5

I've done it and it works fine.  You'll never know the difference.  The second action of the double acting bp reacts to heat, so it's still in there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%