Car Cake

Decorating By Oriana28 Updated 26 Sep 2015 , 12:27pm by -K8memphis

Oriana28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oriana28 Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 10:03am
post #1 of 3

I want to do a car cake and I found the blueprints for my chosen car. However, I don't know how I can sort of lift the car upwards so that i can make the wheels without covering part of them. Because if I don't lift the car, then it will be lowered to the ground and part of the wheels will be hidden. Or I can carve the wheels without lifting the car, however, I would have to carve a small part of the cake which is supposed to be the body. I want everything to be exact. Also, I don't want to put something underneath the car body which will show. The car is a Volkswagen Golf mk5 if it helps.

Any ideas please? Thank you :)

2 replies
Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 10:49am
post #2 of 3

Have a look at Shawna McGreevy's car cake on YouTube. It is the one from Wreck it Ralph that the girl is sitting in but it will give you a good idea how to make the car seem to be leaning on its wheels without them actually bearing the weight. Good luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 3

i put dowel right up through the tires or right behind them where they won't show then the dowel holds up the platform for the chassis -- y'know where the tires encase the dowel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%