Cake Boss Software

Business By Marielijah Updated 26 Sep 2015 , 1:27am by Jinkies

Marielijah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marielijah Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Baking Buddies...  Just curious and looking for advice.  Does anyone use the Cake Boss Software program?  If so, do you like it?  Is it easy to use?  Is it worth the investment?  I want a program that is user friendly...  Any light you can shed on this subject would be much appreciated.

2 replies
Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 3

I bought it a few weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it so far. I'm only able to use it on my laptop bc I don't have google chrome on my iPhone (is my guess as to why). I've not had a whole lot of time yet to sit and really do a whole lot with it other than put my recipes and add some of my materials and costs. I think it will be a wonderful addition to my business. I know there is a whole lot more to it and I'm looking forward to seeing what it offers :)

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 1:27am
post #3 of 3

I have CakeBoss Cloud and I love it!  I don't use it to price my cakes because I already know what all my recipes generally cost and that part just annoyed me.  As long as I keep my eye on the rising price of ingredients/materials, I don't need that for every order.  Although, it would be good to re-calculate every so often and I did add my recipes in there so I would just need to update the prices.   But, I love it for keeping track of orders and clients.  I also keep track of all my expenses on it so, hopefully, tax time will be a little easier.

I really love the paypal  invoicing as well.  You can take any major debit/credit card or paypal and the client can pay right through the emailed invoice.  I am never waiting for payments to arrive or checks to clear the bank.  Plus, with just one click, the paypal payments are updated to the client's order in CakeBoss.  Paypal does charge you a minimal fee but you can add that into the price of the cake if you wanted.  Either way, it is so worth it to me.

And, yes, it's easy to use.  The owners also have user tutorials on youtube.  If you haven't already, I would suggest watching those to see if you think you'd like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%