Festivals - How Many Cupcakes & Samples?

Business By Kandi22 Updated 27 Sep 2015 , 2:38am by craftybanana2

Kandi22 Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! I was hoping to get some advise on doing a festival from someone who has experience with festivals. Is there a % / ratio of how many cupcakes to bring based on how many attendees are expected?

More about this particular festival- It is a upscale event at a resort, 1200 people come each year, people are paying $25 to attend, only other food vendors will be cookies/choc. and bacon. It is a 5 hour event and people will be drinking. I will be bringing novelty cupcakes based on the theme of the festival, i will sell individually and in 6 packs, at least 4 flavors available. I am also required to provide samples. I was thinking of bringing little 2 oz cups with a bit of cake and icing just for a taste. How many samples would you bring?

More about me... my novelty cupcakes recently sold out in 20-40 mins at a local cupcake competition with approx 1000 attendees. I made 10 dozen. I would assume they would not go as fast at this coming festival because it is not a cupcake festival and i will not be the main focus of event.

I really appreciate the feedback in advance!!

2 replies
leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 3

I do festival all the time in my dessert food truck.  About 10% of attendees eat dessert in my 4-yr experience.  I've talked with others in the dessert biz and the 10% holds up pretty well.  And, that 10% will be split between you and the cookies/chocolate vendor.

Samples - ugh.  As small as possible and as few as allowed.

craftybanana2 Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 2:37am
post #3 of 3

I read a while ago about how some people did samples at a bridal fair, they used those little condiment cups that have lids. I think they are 2 ounce cups?

Edit: just read that you have to provide samples, yuck.

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 27 Sep 2015 , 2:38am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%