Cream Cheese Help!

Baking By tubbyswife Updated 22 Sep 2015 , 1:31am by ladyonzlake

tubbyswife Posted 21 Sep 2015 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all, i have a wedding cake next weekend where theywant a red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I was planning on baking on Monday, filling the cake with cream cheese frosting and sealing with white chocolate ganache on Tuesday and then finally covering the cake with fondant on Wednesday. Having never made cream cheese frosting before I was planning on cheating and buying this frosting but after doing a bit of research it seems that i cant do so far in advance. I have also seen this frosting which is kept on the shelf rather than the fridge so i think this could be a better option, but i dont know how good this would taste?! Does anyone have any timescale advice or could help me please? Thank you in advance!!

4 replies
cakedout Posted 21 Sep 2015 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 5

No matter what my cake flavors or fillings were, I baked Monday and froze them until Thursday/Wed. nite.  Filled and frosted on Thursday, decorated on Friday for Saturday delivery.

-K8memphis Posted 21 Sep 2015 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 5

and your cream cheese has to be a recipe that is verifiablely ok to be out of the fridge or you have to limit it's time outside of temp for four total hours including the time it's going to be set up at the venue before being served, in the car coming home from the store, making it, letting it come to room temp (i gently use the microwave) time icing it, decorating it, delivering -- four hours

TheresaCarol Posted 21 Sep 2015 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 5

You would need to check the  to see if it needs to be refrigerated after the cake is decorated.  Don't try to use something that you are not for certain about the safety of the product.  I know that you can use a cream cheese pastry filling to mix with buttercream icing and let it stay at room temperature for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container after opening.  The pastry filling is this one:  You use 1/2 cup of filling for 6 cups of buttercream icing.  The filling does not break down the bc nor does it soften it.

ladyonzlake Posted 22 Sep 2015 , 1:31am
post #5 of 5

Cream cheese frosting is the easiest frosting to make.  I've filled and frosted on Wed. for a Saturday wedding and all is fine.  Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%