Patisserie Cakes

Baking By KatrinaBroughton Updated 23 Sep 2015 , 6:13pm by Shockolata

KatrinaBroughton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatrinaBroughton Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 6

Lately I have a hankering to experiment with patisserie style cakes. I'm not sure the exact name, but multi layered, perfect looking, dacquoise and sponges and and mousses and glazes, etc. I've seen them a lot on Great British Bake Off. Does anyone know any good cookbooks for this type of baking?

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 6

i have a culinary school pastry book that has a lot of those patisserie style cakes and all kinds of baked goods -- it has u.s. and metric so i think that will work across the pond both ways? I think you are in the u.k.?

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Baking-College-Version-CD-Rom/dp/0471464279/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1442789861&sr=8-5&keywords=professional+baking+booksbooks

this is actually my exact copy with the cd rom i've never used -- just mostly use it for a reference tool maybe something like that? there are other other editions too --

best to you

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Sep 2015 , 1:26am
post #4 of 6

yes thank you for fixing the link

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 21 Sep 2015 , 1:39am
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 21 Sep 2015 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 6

In addition to the Gisslen book noted above, I can recommend Bo Friburg's professional pastry chef, even though you'd need to scale the recipes way down, but it's good for learning.

Hermes+Greenspan Desserts book is great too.

but hey -  http://www.maryberry.co.uk/recipes/great-british-bake-off-recipes

once I looked at what the show you were talking about was featuring, why not go straight to Mary herself since she's offering them?

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 23 Sep 2015 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 6

Check out the Parliaros videos on YouTube. He is a celebrated Greek patissier whose recipes are spot on. His name is spelled Παρλιάρος in Greek. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%