Bummer Sweet Tooth....decay

Lounge By Webake2gether Updated 9 Feb 2016 , 4:49am by Webake2gether

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 5 Feb 2016 , 6:07am
post #31 of 37

Wow, we have almost identical backgrounds - I was 6 or 7 the first time I went to the dentist and each time it was a guaranteed cavity (or two) and filling (or two).  To this day I cringe at the thought of going to the dentist.  I also don't tolerate milk or milk products very well.  When I was young I never put 2 and 2 together about that awful stomach ache that followed a couple of hours after a bowl of cereal. 

Anywho, magnesium was a game changer for me.  I hope it helps with your bottom teeth.  While you're at it, a daily salt water/baking soda "squizzle" (per K8memphis) does wonders for your teeth - this is a part of our household's daily routine.

I was glad to see JGiffords positive response - heck it made me feel better and I'm not even the one going in for the procedure.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 8:17pm
post #32 of 37

Ok so I went to my new dentist today and have great news!! My teeth can be saved my crown was not done incorrectly however the space between the crown and my other tooth is too wide and it's causing food to become impacted causing pain and irritation he can fix that!! I have one deep cavity on the other side that he said can be repaired without a root canal and crown!!! He gave me a prescription toothpaste that has double fluoride to use for a month to see if my sensitivity improves. He doesn't want me to lose my teeth I'm too young and these can be fixed. He said it's just a matter of getting them taken care of and preventing further cavities. And he thinks I need more fluoride. My overbite would make dentures difficult to make it can be done but would be hard. He said he believes my teeth could be repaired to the point of being able to have braces one day!!! I'm sooooo excited about being able to fix them and not get dentures!! He seemed to understand what I was telling him I was feeling and he wasn't quick to say you need a crown. And that is all I ever heard from other dentist is it needs a root canal and crown. I'm sooooo relieved to know that I'm on the path to no more pain. yay!!!

Webake2gether Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 8:17pm
post #33 of 37

Ok so I went to my new dentist today and have great news!! My teeth can be saved my crown was not done incorrectly however the space between the crown and my other tooth is too wide and it's causing food to become impacted causing pain and irritation he can fix that!! I have one deep cavity on the other side that he said can be repaired without a root canal and crown!!! He gave me a prescription toothpaste that has double fluoride to use for a month to see if my sensitivity improves. He doesn't want me to lose my teeth I'm too young and these can be fixed. He said it's just a matter of getting them taken care of and preventing further cavities. And he thinks I need more fluoride. My overbite would make dentures difficult to make it can be done but would be hard. He said he believes my teeth could be repaired to the point of being able to have braces one day!!! I'm sooooo excited about being able to fix them and not get dentures!! He seemed to understand what I was telling him I was feeling and he wasn't quick to say you need a crown. And that is all I ever heard from other dentist is it needs a root canal and crown. I'm sooooo relieved to know that I'm on the path to no more pain. yay!!!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 10:04pm
post #34 of 37

Woo hoo!  Congrats, that is amazing news!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 10:21pm
post #35 of 37

i'm really happy for you

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 11:51pm
post #36 of 37

Well that's great.  I t sure sounds like you found a winner of a dentist.  

Webake2gether Posted 9 Feb 2016 , 4:49am
post #37 of 37

Sorry for the double post earlier don't know why it did that. I'm going to give this dentist a shot :)

I guess when you go somewhere and you feel the person genuinely cares it makes the process much easier. He didn't even charge me for today's visit and provided me with a months worth of prescription toothpaste free to try. I actually don't feel like I'm just $$$ to them lol. He actually goes into my husbands work and my husband told me he is always really nice and that's how I came to find him. I go next week to work on the tooth next to my crown to refill the cavity and basically close the excess space between the tooth and crown so that food can no longer get impacted there causing pain then I'll go back to fill the other side and probably take a few weeks break in between and then finish the little bit of work on the bottom. And then maybe just maybe I will get to go for regular check ups without any outrageous work needing to be done. I can certainly hope now. thanks everyone for your encouragement and sharing your stories it's definitely difficult to deal with overwhelming things all by yourself  bit thankfully I didn't feel all alone and my husband is super supportive and ready for me to not deal with anymore too!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%