Freezing Naked Cake Pops!

Baking By Lothifa Updated 19 Sep 2015 , 12:19am by Honey6983

Lothifa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lothifa Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!

so i have an order for 350 cake pops and i was looking to freeze the cake pops undipped but with the stick in them beforehand as I also have 300 macarons and 6 sweet trees included with this order. Yes, mad to take it on! I wanted a bit of advice on how to go about defrosting them when im ready to dip them in to chocolate. Do i do it straight out the freezer or bring them out in to room temperature? Help! 

2 replies
tangerinebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tangerinebakes Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 3

I've never frozen cake pops but I have frozen oreo balls. I think it would be the same. I dipped them while they were still frozen and the chocolate coating cracked. I would let them get to room temp before I dipped them.

Honey6983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey6983 Posted 19 Sep 2015 , 12:19am
post #3 of 3

I have frozen naked cake balls before I put them on sticks. IMO, easy to freeze them on a sheet tray, stash them in bags until ready to thaw. I let them thaw fully on a parchment lined sheet tray before putting sticks in. I haven't tried to freeze on sticks before, but I have had problems putting frozen cake balls on sticks to thaw (cake wants to crack as it thaws) so I wouldn't want you to have this problem. I've done about 500 before at once and it's a big job. As @tangerinebakes stated, just make sure they're thawed well before dipping or you will get ugly cracks in chocolate. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%