Help With Dodge Ram Cake Please!

Decorating By JanJess Updated 18 Sep 2015 , 9:27pm by -K8memphis

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 4

My friends daughter asked me to make a Dodge Ram Mega Cab 3D truck cake. First I'm nervous about getting the shape right but the challenge is getting the logo, etc right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 4

i did my son's favorite nissan -- i went to the dealership and got the nice glossy book about that car and eventually i used the different photos for the bottom board but in the meantime i used all the diagrams for blowing up to the size i wanted so i could make profile and underisde and top side templates all in the same size -- stack up the cakes & start carving -- well actually i used rice krispie treats which we all love -- i make 'em with butter and extra vanilla and this gave me enough time to get it done over a longer period of time --

but templates are your friend -- i also just go to google images and find nice profiles etc to use -- need to find them in the same proportions though

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 4

K8memphis Thank You, Thank You! That was my first thought of how to go about it blush.png

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 4

you got this

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%