Will The Cupcakes Stay Fresh? How To Transport?

Baking By lnzlue Updated 18 Sep 2015 , 6:23pm by johnson6ofus

lnzlue Posted 17 Sep 2015 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 9

I have been asked to do a coworker's daughter's wedding cupcakes next May. She wants about 150 cupcakes. The wedding is on a Saturday and my coworker is leaving for the wedding, which is 3 hours away, on Wednesday (I would bring her the cupcakes Wednesday). If I make all of the cupcakes and decorate them on Tuesday, will they stay fresh for the wedding on Saturday? I was thinking of wrapping the boxes with a lot of saran wrap but I'm concerned about them tasting yummy and staying fresh. Anyone have suggestions on how to make this cupcake order possible? Also what is the recommended method of transportation for this many cupcakes? Thanks everyone, I'm sort of a newbie :-)

8 replies
julia1812 Posted 17 Sep 2015 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 9

I would freeze them but I doubt that your coworker will have sufficient freezer space wherever she travels to... It's a tough one. Am sure there are some people serving 5 day old cupcakes but I wouldn't wanna have that on my wedding day...

julia1812 Posted 17 Sep 2015 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 9

But if she really really wants YOU to make those cupcakes, why don't you deliver them on Saturday? 3 hrs drive isn't too bad...obviously you would charge for delivery. Or have them send with a courier? 

Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Sep 2015 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 9

I wouldn't want to have 5 day old cupcakes either.  I agree freezing is the best way to go, but like Julia said freezing is a problem on the road.  You at least need to have a conversation with your client to let them understand the problem.  Maybe she will have a solution.

lnzlue Posted 17 Sep 2015 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks ladies. I let her know that I did not want to risk it especially for a wedding. Turns out one of the bridesmaids lives here and is going to bring them down on Friday night. I'm so glad we came up with a good solution!

Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Sep 2015 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 9

Excellent!

johnson6ofus Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 5:02am
post #7 of 9
lnzlue Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 9

Love the transportation idea, thanks!

johnson6ofus Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 9

YW! Good luck....

Quote by @%username% on %date%