Football Coming Out Of The Side Of A Cake

Decorating By Net Updated 16 Sep 2015 , 11:28pm by -K8memphis

Net Posted 16 Sep 2015 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 5

4 replies
Net Posted 16 Sep 2015 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 5

Could someone please help me? Would it be easier to use rice Krispy treats or cake? How do I keep it from falling apart? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2015 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 5

either rkt or cake but you have to support it just like you would if it was just cake -- you are asking a very large question -- probably using rkt would be better/good but you have to have mad engineering skills to pull this off --

you're not my niece are you? i have a niece named net who loves football gbp especially

best to you

Net Posted 16 Sep 2015 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for your help. It's suppose to look like it was thrown into the side of the cake. It's  for a wedding cake so I can't afford any mishaps. I'm just going to have to figure it out somehow. I was just hoping someone may have already done it and could help? Thanks again

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2015 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 5

you have to install internal supports -- the plate the football is on has to a) hold it up and b) attach to your internal support c) be flawlessly secure --- for example pvc is often used -- you have to dig through the plumbing parts at your local big box hardware store or plumbing store -- start with an mdf base, screw on a flange, insert the supports into the flange with whatever elbow joints and t joints you need, stack the cake and attach the football --

wonder if something like this is on craftsy? or maybe someone smart will pipe up with a video someone made --

honestly with you not knowing how to keep it from falling apart you might want to do a practice one in advance or change the design -- but there's probably a video somewhere...

Quote by @%username% on %date%