Any Ideas?

Decorating By shariabd Updated 19 Sep 2015 , 12:07pm by LizzieAylett

shariabd Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone! I received an order for a 2 tiered baby shower cake. The theme is Bbq, Beer, and Baby talk. I have been given the ultimate gift, free will creativity, but I am stumped as to how to make it all come together. Especially since the colors are blue gray and white. Any ideas?

4 replies
jsirmans Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 5

oh my stars. I cannot wait to see what you come up with! It sounds like they just want to test you as a baker, as those colors and themes don't exactly go together (at least traditionally!). I will brainstorm some ideas! Can you only use blue, gray, and white?

-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 5

these are a little gross but i'm brain storming -- no holds barred -- maybe something will spark an idea or you'll know which way not to go hahahaha

a bassinette filled with ice & beer

a diaper filled with a load of bar b q 

instead of "goo goo" it's "coors coors"

diapers hanging over a bar b q to dry

a baby bottle topper aka nipple on top of a can of beer like it was a baby bottle

oh this is better maybe -- a keg that's like a bassinette with a baby on top -- or the keg like cut open into two halves with a baby inside all wrapped up in blankets real sweet --

i might think of more but maybe better if i didn't too hahahaha

Honey6983 Posted 19 Sep 2015 , 1:15am
post #4 of 5

I immediately thought of a blue checkered tablecloth pattern, a gray grill (or even use a grill and some grilling items silhouettes with gray), and a white bottle. It'll come together for you!

LizzieAylett Posted 19 Sep 2015 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 5

How about a nappy (diaper) bag, with BBQ tools (tongs, skewers, etc) and beer bottles poking out of the top?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%