No Cake

Lounge By Spester Updated 27 Sep 2015 , 3:00pm by remnant3333

Spester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spester Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 11

My daughter ordered and paid £645 for a wedding cake on 8 July to be made by a very reputable company it was to be delivered on 11 sept a day before the wedding she received an email on the 11 telling her the cake had not been made the company will not return any of her calls or emails can you imagine how she felt on Saturday in front of 250 guests with no cake

10 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 11

frowning.png What?!!!  Grrrrrrrrrr  .\  /.   Load up the weapons, it's time for cake vengeance!

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 11

I assume by the pound sign this was somewhere in Europe.  Really?  No reason given as to why the cake was not prepared/delivered?  That's terrible...and even more so from a supposed reputable baker.  This may require you to take legal action against the baker to resolve this.  What a terrible thing to happen at a wedding.  Sorry to hear this....

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 11

Did  she ordered cake 3 days before the wedding? 

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 11

Oops, never mind. I misread, it was July 8.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 11

What reason are they giving for not refunding any money? That makes no sense.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 11

we had a beautiful venue here go belly up (suddenly go out of business) and brides were left hanging -- no refunds no answeres only questions -- very not good  -- 

so sorry this happened, spester -- no do-overs for her cakeless reception and pictures -- once you get to the bottom of it and get your money back  -- keeping my fingers crossed for you -- hopefully y'all will be able to laugh about it eventually -- and she could have a big blow out cake for her first anniversary too -- but again i am sorry this happened

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 15 Sep 2015 , 2:26pm
post #8 of 11

That is one unfortunate situation. Have you gone to CAB to find out what are your options? I wish you would have gone to M&S and picked up their iced cakes. It is better than nothing. You must have felt so rotten to see your daughter's most important day ruined :( I am so sorry. 

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 15 Sep 2015 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 11

We had a similar thing happen here with a popular outdoor wedding venue. There were several weddings scheduled and with no reason given or notice they shut down. Leaving a lot of people with no wedding site and no refund. Many weeks later it was put in the paper that the business was in serious financial trouble and the owner had passed away leaving a huge mess for his family. Really stinks when someone's special day has something like that happen. I sure hope your daughter gets a refund and has a lot of other wonderful memories from her wedding day!!

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 15 Sep 2015 , 3:17pm
post #10 of 11

Oh and I forget that this was also a catering business so no venue and no catering for a lot of people. They had a very popular restaurant as well so three businesses were attached to this one person. 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 3:00pm
post #11 of 11

I am so sorry that this happened!! How terrible!! The bride should receive back all of her money. I feel sorry for any bride that this would happen to!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%