Friday Night Cake Club For 9/11/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 13 Sep 2015 , 9:44am by CatPoet

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 16

Opening up the FNCC early tonight. I have to work till 10:30 PST so I won't be here at the normal time but wanted to get it started for those who can be! Everyone is welcome to share photos of their work, tell us about your week, ask for help or provide help if you can! ALL levels of caking are appreciated here!

Cat

15 replies
catlharper Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 16

Hi everyone,

I think I mentioned that I started working at Target a couple of weeks ago. It's only a few days a week and this week one of those days is today. I start at 6 so I won't be on here till around 11pm tonight. Looking forward to seeing what you all have put together this week! My one cake isn't due until tomorrow night but I'll post a photo after it's done!

Cat

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 16

Hi everyone!

I just started my second year of college this week so things are going to slow down for me now since I need to focus on school first. I still have quite a few orders this week though. Here's the first one I already completed. It's a cake for my dad and his soccer team who finished in 1st place. I put their team logo on top along with the league name on top.

4CgJgnqK6a-soccer-champions-cake_900.jpg

I'll post the rest of the pics when I finish the other orders.

@catlharper  That's cool! All the Targets closed here a few months ago, they weren't making any money.

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 16

We moved at the beginning of the month. Lucky its my slow month with no birthdays just planning. I am in the middle of planning 16th birthday pizza cake for my son. He wants it realistic and lucky with just pepperoni on it. Having a joint party with his cousin once removed who's birthday is the day before him at local pizza place. Just got to decide what flavors and what medium to make pepperoni, cheese I am planning on melting shaved white chocolate over the pizza.

cupcakemama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemama3 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 16

55f364d7cd1d7.jpeg

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 7:09am
post #6 of 16

This was a cake for my husband's aunt who was throwing her final BINGO party after 25 years.  She has given away thousands and thousands of dollars of her own money just so the family would have another reason to get together.

55f3cfa075486.jpeg

*Last edited by Pastrybaglady on 12 Sep 2015 , 7:14am
catlharper Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 16

Even when there are few who joined us on Friday night, visiting here on Saturday morning always brings a big smile on my face! I just love to see the cakes! 

@SweetShop5  Hope school is going well! Such a challenge to balance work and studies! Your cake is so clean...I'm envious of that. Please tell me that some of that applique is hiding a mistake or two? LOL!

@shdvl  I did that one year...made a Chicago Deep Dish pizza so it could have the height of a cake! And yes, "pepperoni" was the topping. What I learned is that it's all in the layering of the toppings. Shaved white chocolate on top of the "sauce" then most of the "pepperoni" followed by more shaved "cheese" and a piece or two of pepperoni on top. I handpainted the "crust" so it would look like bread and it all turned out great! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

@cupcakemama3  Scooby!!! We are huge fans here! How FUN are those cupcakes!!!

@Pastrybaglady  What a great cake but what a truly wonderful story!! Your Aunt sounds like a really awesome person!

I'll share my cake with you all later this afternoon!

Cat

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 7:33pm
post #8 of 16

Hey everyone I'm late to the party  been really busy the few days. The commercial kitchen is in the final stages!! I baked a little this week just to get some bake time in. I made banana bread (my husband boss is hooked on it lol) and I made sugar cookies for a giveaway on our fb page. Nothing fancy but I got to bake so that's always good :) 

55f47e2105170.jpeg55f47e21820db.jpeg

CatPoet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatPoet Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 8:11pm
post #9 of 16

I havent done much  this summer, my energy levels has been low so I have had just enough to go around to being with my daughter.  I miss baking , even though we have made cookies and a few simple cakes, just because the horrible weather .  

Hardly any sun, my tomatoes  has been green from June to August when 3 turned red and the  14 day flower, well that too  took from June to August before it bloomed. The only thing that produce anything was the miniature strawberries.

catlharper Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 16

@CatPoet  My energy has been spent doing SO many other things so my baking energy has been missing too.  I miss the time to be baking. Hope that Fall (or is it Spring you are coming into?) treats you better!

@Webake2gether  Mmmmm banana bread! Unfortunately I'm the only one in the house that will eat it. SIGH.

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 1:53am
post #11 of 16

I've always wanted to try this!  A chocolate cage grinning.png This is for my mom's birthday.

Chocolate Cage

*Last edited by Pastrybaglady on 13 Sep 2015 , 1:54am
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 2:43am
post #12 of 16

I love everyone's cake and sugar cookies. The chocolate cage is pretty awesome and neat looking!! Great job, everyone!! My mom plays bingo every Friday night but has not won much as of yet. I feel she will soon win!! Maybe one night I will go with her and bring everyone a bingo cake!! Thanks for the idea!!! I am sure they would love it!!

*Last edited by remnant3333 on 13 Sep 2015 , 2:45am
annakat444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annakat444 Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 2:56am
post #13 of 16

I was working on this last night. Making a messy cake was a nice and fun change from a smooth cake! I may make a rule with my orders - no more smooth cakes! (not really, but there wasn't the usual stress I have when I do a smooth cake)55f4e5e4a3543.jpeg

*Last edited by annakat444 on 13 Sep 2015 , 2:57am
sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 4:38am
post #14 of 16

55f4fdac3515a.jpeg

I delivered this cake today and I love it but I'm exhausted and my hands are sore! It's one of my favorite movies though so I didn't mind ;) 

cupcakemama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemama3 Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 5:23am
post #15 of 16

Love the chocolate cage! I want to try that!

CatPoet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatPoet Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 9:44am
post #16 of 16

It is fall here in Sweden, just took down the  beautiful  tomato bushes from the balcony, i would have had a big harvest from them if it wasnt for the bad weather.   Today it just cold and the sky is made out concrete, it not nice at all.

How ever I am looking forward I have two cake orders, 1 for next year and one for the year after, so I am going to practice.

Best fondant I can get in Europe?  How  long will it look stunning with  chocolate ganache under it?  How do I store it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%