Attaching Tempered Chocolate Letters To Fondant

Decorating By LouisNutri Updated 11 Sep 2015 , 4:04pm by Shockolata

LouisNutri Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 12:25am
post #1 of 2

Hi! I'm making thank you cupcakes for the Doc who gave us a huge discount in the hospital. I've decided to use fondant (with tylose powder) as a cupcake topper with tempered chocolate letters on the fondant that would read, "Thank You" for 1 cupcake, "Doc Nierva" for another, "From _____ Family", on another using a Brush Script MT font; the rest of the cupcakes will just be topped with bc. But I am initially going to write the tempered chocolate on a piece of wax or parchment paper before applying them onto the fondant. I tried writing free hand directly onto the fondant but that was a mess, and I forgot to apply tylose powder to the fondant so it did not go hard.

Now here are my questions:

1. How can I apply the words onto the fondant without it breaking or falling when moved?

2. Should I apply the words on a still-soft fondant or a hardened fondant?

But if that doesn't work, I think I'm just going to do white chocolate rounds with the words instead of the fondant. But I would really love to make the fondant work as it will serve as practice to me as well. grinning.png

*Last edited by LouisNutri on 11 Sep 2015 , 12:26am
1 reply
Shockolata Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 2

Unless you are experienced tempering chocolate, I would not recommend piping on wax paper. What you can do instead is this: print out the writing you want to do in the size you want it in. Then place the paper on top of the fondant covered cupcakes. Using a bamboo straw go over the shapes of the letters one by one so it leaves an imprint on the fondant. Then you can go in with the liquid chocolate and pipe the letters following the outlines you made. Using candy melts will guarantee a quick set. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%