Anyone Else Having Trouble With Site

Lounge By Norcalhiker Updated 14 Sep 2015 , 9:34pm by OHaresTstyTrts

Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 7:21am
post #1 of 18

I've had trouble logging on; site keeps dropping and reloading; try to send messages and I keep getting a "error 500 server problem, try later' message  

anyone else having issues

17 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:16am
post #2 of 18

i haven't had problems logging on but yes i get errors sending messages -- usually i get the 500 error but it says message sent too -- although i can't get into my inbox -- but we should put in tickets to tech support at the ?help

my bad really i should have already done that 

-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:20am
post #3 of 18

ok i got mine in -- been procrastinating on that for some time

sleaky77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleaky77 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:57am
post #4 of 18

I am getting the  500 error when I try to open my messages. Very frustrating. worried.png

-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 12:00pm
post #5 of 18

put in a help ticket ^^^ 

sleaky77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleaky77 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 18

I sent a message

Mrs.Sweet-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs.Sweet-Cakes Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 18

yesss!!! I do have trouble been new, it shows that i have a reply to my message and when I open it there is no message, However still shows it.  :-/

JuliaAnna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliaAnna Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 1:58pm
post #8 of 18

My browser's back button won't work.  When I do a search for a particular descriptive word and then click on a picture, I can't get back to the previous page.  I have to go to home page and re-enter search word.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 18

I have/had a number of problems...

whenever I try to use the link or picture insert buttons in forums, the pop-up window only shows half a screen...help ticket submitted 9/8/2015...problem persists

not receiving any alert notifications or newsletters...help ticket submitted 9/2/2015...problem persists

receiving 500 error when trying to access All Forums and Decorating Forums...ticket submitted 7/29/2015...never received a reply, but the problem was fixed

forum display glitch, content disappears, whenever a forum rolls over to a new page...ticket submitted 7/21/2015...never received an reply, but haven't noticed it happening as of late

unable to "Quote" forum posts, the action dropdown does nothing...ticket submitted 7/17/2015...problem persists

getting password prompt from CC server name "cakecentral.diyriver.com" whenever I try to access newsletter content...ticket submitted 4/16/2015...problem persists

forum replies count and alerts not working...ticket submitted  4/15/2015...no reply was received, but problem was fixed that day

unable to see majority of blog content due to 'ginormous' comment box...ticket submitted 4/9/2015...problem persists

and on occasion the site becomes almost unusable...running dog slow and only recognizing half to a third of my keystrokes...I have to punch a letter, then wait to see if the site recognizes it...happens on login and in forums...not sure if it's some promo add wreaking havoc?...haven't dropped a ticket yet...still trying to isolate the cause

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 6:21pm
post #10 of 18

Yes I too am having troubles. 500 error every time I try to check my messages or notifications. I have reported the problem but haven't received any solution :-(

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 5:47pm
post #11 of 18

What Virago said so very well.  (Thanks, Virago, for putting it all down on "paper".)

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 6:01pm
post #12 of 18

@Apti  Thanks for validating! I had wondered if it was just me...just my account that's dorked up? Nice to know I'm not alone...hope more people chime in with issues.

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 7:19pm
post #13 of 18

This morning only FB and Google were operational. Everything else said site unavailable as you are not connected to the internet (but I was). This happened to my friend in Canada, too. I think some superpower has been messing with our www. Something is brewing, for sure. It is not a CC issue as it is widespread.

JakesMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JakesMummy Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 12:04pm
post #14 of 18

Yes i had that message too with my inbox. Also STILL cant change my avatar picture which im getting very frustrated about. I have sent a few emails to admin but no reply!

jenner28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenner28 Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 2:26pm
post #15 of 18

yea i cant see messages either! keep getting 500 error message. ive sent two help emails already but no answer :(

-K8memphis Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 2:36pm
post #16 of 18

no reply means it is on the list and they will get to it as soon as they can

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 8:07pm
post #17 of 18

Same with the 500 error message  and I haven't been able to change my avatar since I joined. It loaded weird and won't change. I've sent a repair ticket and nothing. Apparently I will forever be sideways

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 14 Sep 2015 , 9:34pm
post #18 of 18

Well I was just typing a post and it reloaded the page three times because of an error and everything I wrote was lost. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%