Nfsc Recipe Fail !!!!!!

Baking By dgonzalez227 Updated 11 Sep 2015 , 2:23pm by dgonzalez227

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 4:00pm
post #31 of 41

I agree with @MBalaska  -- you must know your dough, your environment, and your ingredients! And her pic is a great example of what a cut-out cookie should be when produced in mass...consistent, uniform, like sweet clones...smooth, flat, perfect canvas for decorating! 

*Last edited by virago on 9 Sep 2015 , 4:08pm
dgonzalez227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgonzalez227 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 4:17pm
post #32 of 41

i can only wish to get them this way! hard so they wont break when i package them but yet also flavorful. 

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 5:07pm
post #33 of 41

@MBalaska  I am glad that method works for you. Seriously, I have spent days at Jackie's "cookie factory" (a.k.a. her house during the holidays) and know how effective and efficient her method is. I also recommend one more thing to add extra efficiency... I buy sheet pans at my restaurant supply in the largest size that will fit in my oven. I measured the racks and my 6 sheet pans are the same size as the racks. With 3 racks in my convection oven I can bake a lot of cookies and have the next 3 sheets ready to go in as soon as the hot ones come out.

Here is the method for anyone who doesn't know it: http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/54485/nfsc-no-fail-sugar-cookies

HINT: Rolling Out Dough Without the Mess

Rather than wait for your cookie dough to chill, take the freshly made dough and place a glob between two sheets of parchment paper.

Roll it out to the desired thickness then place the dough and paper on a cookie sheet and pop it into the refrigerator.

Continue rolling out your dough between sheets of paper until you have used it all. By the time you are finished, the first batch will be completely chilled and ready to cut.

Reroll leftover dough and repeat the process! An added bonus is that you are not adding any additional flour to your cookies.

dgonzalez227 Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 2:53pm
post #34 of 41

so i attempted so many recipes 

i bought betty crocker mix and used their variation on the back of the bag to make sugar  cut out rolled/cookies they came out pretty good ,excpt the last batch my fiance wanted me to watch the new apple reveal of the new iphone and they burned =( 

but all in all these all the cookies i have made / chocolate chip/ sugar cookie, pretty much whatever didnt break  on me lol 

they look better in the picture up close you see bubbles and where i used the coloring brush and added the colors and it smudged 

if you seen the cookies unfunished in the back those are those horrible "nfsc " RECIPE  that i had tried that came out like sticky wet  pizza dough they sell from the bag in the bakeries/pizza stores

they taste like flour =( my fiance was like blah

maybe next time they will come out okay 

55f1995358aa8.jpeg

*Last edited by dgonzalez227 on 10 Sep 2015 , 3:01pm
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 3:06pm
post #35 of 41

wow -- so your cookie people will use a brush and dip in the paint dots and paint the creatures -- wow how creative -- i think you deserve some kind of award for perseverence and creativity -- does it work? the painting part? i'd be concerned that the wet brush would erase the black lines? 

still you get clap.png  smile.png

dgonzalez227 Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 3:26pm
post #36 of 41

thank you this was my first time using allll this stuff

custom made stencils from this awesome lady at ESTY store.,my first time making cut out cookies, and making PYO cookies.

the kiddies use a paint brush with water  and paint away , i even made little easels so that they can sit them up to dry before eating lol 

my fiance says im over doing it but i am a bigggg DIYer hehe =)

well the black lines also are royal icing so they dont wash away 

i tried it with black edible pen and those washed away = (

i just wish i had more space and organsized more 

im buying a rack from amazon three tiers for cookies.maybe this is better for next time

55f1a35866f2b.jpeg55f1a358df893.jpeg

55f1a1379a753.jpeg55f1a1386ce93.jpeg55f1a13931562.jpeg

*Last edited by dgonzalez227 on 10 Sep 2015 , 3:35pm
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 3:49pm
post #37 of 41

while i agree with your boyfriend i also think you're ideas are fantastic -- 'over doing' sometimes is what makes the sweetest idea juices flow -- oh for sure royal icing outline -- you got all your bases covered -- the easels are a great finishing touch -- wow -- great stuff dgonzales -- i bet the kids were over the moon but then again sometimes stuff like this floats over their heads too -- but you made a wonderful event for them whether they realized it or not --

but i think you should ditch the cookie rack and just go right for one of these:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/45131/sheet-pan-racks.html

you can get half size ones, ones that fold up and you can get covers for them too -- and you have storage in between projects as well 

blush.png

but of those two racks you posted, the black looks sturdier -- those white ones that stack  get on my nerves -- too many moving parts for me -- cookies can slide off while you adjust the legs kwim -- anyhow -- 

best to you! this was fun -- can't wait for your next adventure  green_heart.png

dgonzalez227 Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 4:09pm
post #38 of 41

thank you very much!!! i tried so hard lol 

i just checked out those racks and they are fabulous but they are the size of my house haha 

i wish  i could get one =(

i def need to brush up on my sugar cookie dough recipe and get my royal icing consistency down pact for next time!! grin.pngwink.png

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 5:16pm
post #39 of 41

The kids are going to love them!  Think of this project as practice for Christmas time aka cookie season.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 7:10am
post #40 of 41

dgonzalez227 Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 2:21pm
post #41 of 41

hey thank you all for your support here are what the finished cookies look like 

it took me forever to make them , they arent perfect but thats okay . hehe 

i made the labels all by my self as well im very crafty with photoshop =) i made it from scratch except the dino 

i also made the stands from my own design then the ones online these are way sturdier relaxed.pnggrin.pngrelieved.png

55f2e36559669.jpeg55f2e36670750.jpeg55f2e36732b5c.jpeg55f2e3680c1e7.jpeg

*Last edited by dgonzalez227 on 11 Sep 2015 , 2:23pm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%