Tall Cheese Cake

Baking By cakequeen50 Updated 8 Sep 2015 , 1:28am by lauralou2007

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 17

Does anyone have a great plain cheesecake recipe that is almost 3" tall and doesn't cave in when finished.

I always used the cheesecake recipe with eagle brand milk eggs and cream cheese, now I can't get it nice and high.

I need to have one before the holiday dessert sales time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

16 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 17

make it two layers

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 17

Thanks but I want the tall look .

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 17

do a refrigerator cheesecake!

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 17

I want cheesecake.

sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 17

I use the serendipity 3 recipe, you can just google it and it should pop up. It's really delicious. 

I do an Oreo crust instead since I hate walnuts :) 

hope that's helpful!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 17

you want a new york or chicago style cheesecake -- bake it low and slow

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 17

then there's great discussion about the internal temperature of when it's done -- some say don't go over 145 - 150 or it will crack and some say go 165 so the eggs are fully set...but all that to say using an internal temp thermometer is very useful doing this kind of cheesecake --

i like to make the skinny bavarian cheesecakes with a bunch of fruit on the top -- you bake 'em at high temp and they are done in a jiff but the thick ones take forever

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 8:10pm
post #9 of 17

What is a Chicago style cheesecake?

littlejewel Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 8:14pm
post #10 of 17

Sorry didn't mean to submit. How tall are you looking for?  I am not familiar with the eagle  brand milk recipe

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 8:19pm
post #11 of 17

this would work for you:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/127232/philadelphia-new-york-cheesecake/

but
you'll want to add more batter to get it 3" tall and i would use magic strips (you familiar with those yes?) wet toweling wrapped around the pan so the batter on the outside of the pan slows down being baked so the inside of the cake has more of a chance to heat up and if it was me i'd turn the heat down after a while i'd play the temperature dial like a violin to make it not dome and fall -- you just want the eggs to set -- i would tent mine with foil if i wanted the cake to bake more evenly too --

but you definitely want sour cream in your recipe and i would suggest sieving your filling before baking to ensure a very very very smoothy smooth batter 

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 8:22pm
post #12 of 17

littlejewel, chicago style is tall and creamy -- but op needs to add more batter and bake/heat carefully 

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 7 Sep 2015 , 8:23pm
littlejewel Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 8:57pm
post #13 of 17

Sorry to ask so many questions. K8memphis. I live very close to Chicago, and I never knew there was a Chicago style Cheesecake.  What is in Chicago Style Cheesecake, I might try making one.  I did a little internet research to see What's in it and where I can buy one, but I had not such luck.  

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 9:12pm
post #14 of 17

new york and chicago are similar -- maybe one has the sour cream layer on top one has it baked in -- it's all good

http://www.elicheesecake.com/about/recipes/

http://joyofbaking.com/Cheesecake.html

http://bakericious.blogspot.com/2010/08/chicago-style-cheesecake-and-my-100th.html

Kim1182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim1182 Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 9:23pm
post #15 of 17

Take a look at this website:  perfectcheesecake.com.  They sell a silicone "pan" that you put your springform pan into and then put that in a waterbath for baking.  I love it.  Keeps the temp even and stops the cracking.

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 9:41pm
post #16 of 17
lauralou2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauralou2007 Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 1:28am
post #17 of 17

http://www.simplyscratch.com/2011/10/new-york-style-cheesecake-2.html

I found this recipe online a couple of years ago and must say it's the best cheesecake I have ever made. I do substitute the milk for whipping cream though... It was the only think I had the first time I attempted it (I had ran out of milk and didn't realize it till too late...), but it was so good I have continued to do it this way ever since. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%