Silhouette Cameo - Suitable Gumpaste

Decorating By tiffane6 Updated 8 Sep 2015 , 2:00pm by tiffane6

tiffane6 Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 9:40am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

I bought the Cameo and Linda McClure's accessories package and have watched the video and read through the book.

I'm wondering if I actually have to use her recipe for gumpaste or if say the Satin Ice gumpaste will work just as well. Or another brand?

I can fiddle around but just wanted to get a feel for what everyone else has been doing? If Linda's recipe is really the best then I am obviously happy to put the time in.

Thanks very much.

3 replies
mccantsbakes Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 10:07am
post #2 of 4

I can't help you directly, but I am super interested in what you find out.  I have that item on my "things I covet" list :)

Are you on Facebook? If so, there is a baker whose page is called "Royal Bakery" and she uses the cameo for cakes and she often times answers people's questions regarding things like products to use, technique and stuff.   She is awesome and her work is amazing. 

You should check her out. 

Shockolata Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 10:41am
post #3 of 4

You will have a much easier life if you use modelling paste in moulds. It dries faster and keeps its shape better. Or use fondant mixed with tylose. Or use a 50:50 mix of modelling paste and fondant. I am not familiar with the Satin Ice brand so cannot comment on it. I have also not read the book or seen the video, so I am just talking generally here.

tiffane6 Posted 8 Sep 2015 , 5:19am
post #4 of 4

Ooohhh thanks so much for the tip on Royal Bakery!  I will check the page out.  Will definitely let you know how I get on! :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%