Ck Pearl Beadmaker 10 Mm Size?????

Decorating By cib Updated 7 Sep 2015 , 4:59am by cib

cib Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 7

What ever happened to CK's pearl beadmaker in the 10 mm size.  Mine broke and I need one for my son's wedding 9/26.  Can't find one anywhere in this size.  Anyone know where I can get one?????

6 replies
costumeczar Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 12:15am
post #2 of 7

You can put two 8mm ones together to get an approximate 10mm. That is, if you roll them individually once you form them. I use the beadmaker to size them out them re-roll them so that they're round without the seam on them.

cib Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 12:19am
post #3 of 7

I have 5 tiers to go round.  Thanks but I really don't want to roll all those by hand.

-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 12:45am
post #5 of 7

i like the second one better cause it's more than twice as long and the silicone is softer so you squish it together rather than it closing on its own like the smaller one kwim

Shockolata Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 10:56am
post #6 of 7

If you find a plastic pearl necklace in the market, buy the silligum patty or similar product and make an impression yourself that you can later use for your cakes. They are charging ridiculous amounts for moulds and not all of them are perfect. 

cib Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 4:59am
post #7 of 7

Thanks K8Memphis.  Just ordered one from NY cake.  I actually had the First Impressions pearl mold and sold it.  I can get much better results with the CK beadmaker. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%