"inside Out" Cake Ideas

Decorating By julia1812 Updated 6 Sep 2015 , 12:36pm by -K8memphis

julia1812 Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 10

I've got a request for an inside out themed cake (apparently that's a movie) for a young lady who  likes the characters "joy". I didn't watch the movie and even pinterest / google isn't any help as there don't seemed to be many cakes done with  that theme yet. What I noticed are some characters  (the blue haired one is joy) and some cakes with balls or circles and a kind of dashboard/ spaceship controls sort of table. The mother's girl is no help to. She's a skiing for a cake to feed 45 and the character joy. But since I know her and she previously ordered cakes and cupcakes I know she likes to incorporate details. But I'm lost! Anyone of any help here...pleeease? 

9 replies
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 10

this one?

if you go to 2:42 it starts the memory spheres then at 2:56 it shows the 'core memory' things -- the 2:42 shows the different doodads you can make to decorate all over for detail -- then the 2:56 one shows how you can decorate a round cake -- with a bunch of convex ' core memories' for the b-day girl -- set it all on a footed cake plate and you're good to go

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 5 Sep 2015 , 8:08pm
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 10

oh my goodness -- sorry about the double pop there -- i tried to fix my post but it all disappeared so i'm not gonna try to fix this second one...

edited to say

but i did fix it anyway

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 5 Sep 2015 , 8:08pm
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 10

depending on how detailed you want to get rather are being paid for -- you could put judy's head on the top of the cake -- or even just from the eyes up -- would be easy in a larger size so it fits the cake (not like a little blob on top) looks like she's peaking out from the middle of the cake -- her hair is unmistakable so just that and her eyes or even just the fluff of her hair y'know? like if it was a 12" cake the hair thing would be like 6 or 7 inches around --

do you do inches, julia, i'm not good with your measurements,

so if the cake is 30 centimeters then the judy hair would be like 15 centimeters around give or take a few -- just a blue mop with the eyes peaking out? maybe

Brookebakescake Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 10

I would just like to say go see the movie!! It's so cute, and I think you'd get some incredible ideas from it. 

julia1812 Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 5:29am
post #6 of 10

Hahaha! Wow, that IS actually quite cute :). I had to watch pepper pig once in order to make the characters for a cake - I'm still traumatised! !!

Okay, so at least I understand why there are bubbles... The controll station might be a fun topper too.....now I can think about it and it all makes sence.

Thanks @-K8memphis  

julia1812 Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 5:50am
post #7 of 10

Oh my. ..now my mind is spinning. Think I might do a cake in the shape of this controll station with joy in 3d standing behind it. Thinking to even put a huge blue gelatin bauble in her hand and them the sides covered in lines of m and m's. ..

Hope her mother will like the idea. Thanks again you both and @brookbakescake: you're right! Will take the kids too to watch it. Cuuute!

winniemog Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 9:57am
post #8 of 10

Very funny that you were traumatised watching a show to prepare for a cake design - yep, Peppa Pig nearly killed me....but In the Night Garden....I think that's written by somebody affected by illegal substances....freaky experience watching that!

Brookebakescake Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 11:22am
post #9 of 10

Well now I'm tempted to see peppa pig!

-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 12:36pm
post #10 of 10

yay, Julia, a cake is born

Quote by @%username% on %date%