Help! Wall-E Cake

Decorating By Vickiturner1205 Updated 5 Sep 2015 , 4:39pm by Vickiturner1205

Vickiturner1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vickiturner1205 Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 2:24am
post #1 of 6

Hi there  I'm making a walle cake and I'm struggling with they eyes  I have made each one separately out of rice crispie and marshmallow mix but I'm struggling to stick them together and have them sit correctly on the cake  any help would be appreciated! 

5 replies
Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 3:11am
post #2 of 6

Hello! I'm not sure what you mean? What kind of trouble are you having?

Vickiturner1205 Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 5:56am
post #3 of 6

55ea83f0cf656.jpegI have made each eye and covered in fondant  I thought I could use a cake pop stick to secure them together but they just keep falling off. I'm also having trouble deciding how to have them sit above the cake  I thought a dowel would work (covered in fondant) but now I'm not so sure. Hope that makes more sense.  I have attached a picture of what I'm aiming for.

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 10:38am
post #4 of 6

Did you use melted chocolate to secure your sticks into the rice crispie mix?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 6

it's just adorable -- you need a long 't' structure to attach the eyes to and then stick it down into the bottom board -- like wire  two skewers together so they won't budge, cover in chocolate to protect the cake from the wire -- attach the eyes like shockolata said and slide it down the throat there --

but depending on the weight of the eyes you might want more of a 'Y' to hold them up better -- but see i would have made the structure first then attached and decorated it all kwim -- cart before the horse a bit -- something like that maybe -- if you can get the 't' or 'y' in there and stick another skewer into the neck to hold it from another angle that might work depends on what the neck is made of --

Vickiturner1205 Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 6

Hi  thanks for replying. 

I hadn't thought of using melted chocolate I might try that.

i thought the rice Crispies would be light ebough that it wouldn't need a frame. It might be the angle that I've got them at. I'm thinking about staring again and making some sort of frame and making the eyes a little smaller! 

The neck part on the picture I posted is at an angle and I'm not sure how I'll achieve that. I had hoped to use more crispies  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%