My Arch Enemy Seems To Be Cream Cheese Frosting!!

Decorating By cinlebritton Updated 5 Sep 2015 , 10:59pm by cinlebritton

cinlebritton Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 3:48am
post #1 of 4

I recently started my cake decorating business up and have been doing very well. Lately, however, I have been getting orders for carrot cakes. Mine have coconut, pineapple and carrots, which makes it very moist. However, no matter what I do (and how many recipes I have tried) I seem to have problems with stablizing cream cheese frosting. Too much confectioner's sugar makes it too sweet, I think. I have tried changing the butter, shortening, and even the cream cheese. I even made a batch of my usual icing, which serves me very well and I get alot of compliments on, and adding cream cheese flavoring, but it just didn't taste as good as I felt it should.

Wondering if anyone else has run into this? I do refrigerate in between crumb coat and final coat and it does crust somewhat, but it just doesn't seem to want to stay stable.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

3 replies
Brookebakescake Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 4

What do you mean by "stable"? 

kakeladi Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 4

Earlene Moore has a cr ch b'cream recipe on her site that has been tested by some experts and is safe UNrefrigerated for days.  Do find it. (google).

cinlebritton Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 4

Brookebakescake:  By stable, I mean holds the shape and does not become to soft while still on the cake; almost too soft.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%