Wedding Cake Payment

Business By cakesbyliane Updated 4 Sep 2015 , 10:04pm by cakesbyliane

cakesbyliane Posted 3 Sep 2015 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 8

I've taken my first wedding cake order (very excited) and have of course asked for a 50% deposit. Having read various websites it seems everyone asks for the remaining amount 2-3 weeks prior to delivery, is this correct? I'm in the UK. (My general celebration cakes I get the final installment upon delivery) 

7 replies
Brookebakescake Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 1:50am
post #2 of 8

Yeppers, although I know some require the final payment a month before the wedding (I think K8 said she does).  And don't start working on anything (or buy anything) until you do have that final payment.

costumeczar Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 11:55am
post #3 of 8

Always get it at least three weeks before,

Jeff_Arnett Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 8

I'd say check around and see what others do in your area.  That said, I usually ask for final payment a week in advance.  It's too much hassle on wedding day for the bride or whomever is paying to deal with money.

EasyParty Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 8

I ask for final payment 2 weeks before, some couples take a week to actually proceed with a payment, that's why I would worry to ask for a balance a week in before their wedding. 

cakesbycathy Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 8

Under NO circumstances should you wait to get paid until you deliver the cake.

My contract says 30 days before the reception.  You should get it no later than 2- 3 weeks before the wedding and DO NOT make anything until you get the final payment.

Jedi Knight Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 8

50% retainer and final payment five weeks ahead.

cakesbyliane Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 8

Great thank you all for the advice

Quote by @%username% on %date%