Air Brush/color Mist Can Questions

Decorating By dgonzalez227 Updated 1 Sep 2015 , 6:28pm by dgonzalez227

dgonzalez227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgonzalez227 Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 3

hey all :)

i am making a Paint your own cookies and have seen that you can air brush onto royal icing instead of painting on color.( to make the color pallets*)

my question is , you know those spray can airbrush colors i think by wilton called " color mist" , can i use that instead of an airbrush machine?

i really do not want to sit and paint each color individually with brush and food color onto 15 cookies lol 

Color Mist™ Food Color Spray gives decorators the versatility and dazzling effects of an airbrush in a convenient can!: Color Mist™ Food Color Spray gives decorators the versatility and dazzling effects of an airbrush in a convenient can!a01d740da9cc6dbc9802cd7238564853.jpg

2 replies
Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 3

Those are so cute! I love the idea!
I just did a cake with the gold spray can.  I really liked the effect of it.

I will say, though, that the product seems to be oil based, not very water soluble.  So I'm not sure it would work well for your purpose.  You could probably spray it on just fine (assuming you'd use a stencil?), but I don't think it would later work well with water and a paintbrush. 

If nothing else, EXPERIMENT! Be sure to use a coupon at whatever store you buy a can of it, and have fun playing around!

dgonzalez227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgonzalez227 Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 3

thank you!!. i watched the original creator "Montreal confections "she used her airbrush with ameri color food gel colors but I was curious to try it with the wilton spray can way!

i will tonight try royal icing then spray on color and let it dry and try using water tomorrow to see if i can paint with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%