Not Receiving Notifications

Lounge By Webake2gether Updated 2 Sep 2015 , 6:22pm by Shockolata

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 33

Is anyone else having issues with not receiving notifications on here? I had just pop up notifications set but stopped getting them a few days ago I reset to receive pop up and text so hopefully that works. 

32 replies
-K8memphis Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 33

put in a ticket to the tech department up there at ?help

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 33

Thanks I did :) since I changed it to pop up and email notifications I'm getting the email notifications but still no pop up notifications  I hope they are able to fix it bc I preferred pop up over email . 

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 33

I just got a popup notification, but it went to an error message when I clicked on it. 

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 33

Hmm I wonder if they are experiencing some more widespread  issue bc the email I received about your comment said

"error 500 something went wrong  The server is having some issues. Let's come back and try again soon."

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 33

Yep, same here lol.  I laughed at the irony :)

Also, I've noticed that when I'm typing a response on my phone, it does not add a period with a double click of the space bar, and therefore does not capitalize the next sentence.

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 33

I noticed that too the "period" works sometimes and then not at all which its working now and wasn't just a second ago lol. I just got a pop notification when I clicked it with excitement that it was fixed it said no notifications. I'm sure they'll fix it :) 

costumeczar Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 1:58pm
post #8 of 33

I get emails about someone responding to a post, but it will never click through to the post itself, just shows error messages.

julia1812 Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 33

Same here. No emails or notifications

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:13pm
post #10 of 33

My pop up notifications are working although I got 5 notifications for one post lol  work in progress :)

Shockolata Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:35pm
post #11 of 33

Echo all the problems mentioned. This has been happening since I joined the group a few weeks ago. I get emails but they lead to non existing links (error msg) and now I don't even get notifications so I have to search for threads manually to see if anyone's replied. Assumed this is the way the boards are run. For example, I keep seeing spam posts for marriage troubles, impotence, divorce etc. from different account names usually empty or with a phone number and I keep reporting them but the administration seems unable to deal with them. Quite disturbing...

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:40pm
post #12 of 33

@Shockolata  unfortunately there have been some issues on cake central for quite some time. My pop up notifications are no longer working again. The spam was really bad awhile back so much so you couldn't post at all or find anything on here. Hope you stick around bc they do seem to get things fixed. I also manually search for threads to check for replies and it's frustrating but worth it bc I enjoy learning and "chatting" with everyone :)

Shockolata Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:49pm
post #13 of 33

The big issue is that someone may have responded to a comment you have made and you may miss it and they might think you are upset with them or snooty - that is what worries me the most. Otherwise, when I have time, I can browse the threads.  Talking about notifications, I suddenly got 6-7 notifications on my screen about this thread. LOL It is almost as if someone is following our posts and toying with us. 

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:52pm
post #14 of 33

That's what happened to me and then they stopped again. too funny I actually lol'd when I read that they are toying with us. Seems like it doesn't it were getting all paranoid ;)

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:54pm
post #15 of 33

Oh and I also agree with the missing comments makes it seem like that doesn't   Really takes away from the cc experience bc we don't "chat" when that happens responses are delayed stinks but let's all hope together it's fixed soon!!!

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:54pm
post #16 of 33

Now I'm getting notifications for old posts ;)

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 3:56pm
post #17 of 33

Lol it's wacky day at cake central  I'm thinking it means they are working on  it  I got a notification clicked on it and it was gone  oh and periods aren't working again  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

mccantsbakes Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 4:17pm
post #18 of 33

I haven't gotten notifications for about 5 days.....and my photos are loading sideways.   I swear it's not meeeee!

Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 4:19pm
post #19 of 33

Today I got a ton of duplicate notifications.  There were 11 for two actual posts.

virago Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 5:43pm
post #20 of 33

slightly off topic, but possibly associated with notification problems...

how about the CC newsletter? I haven't received one in quite awhile...used to get 1-2 a week. anyone else?

Shockolata Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 5:51pm
post #21 of 33

Ι get the newsletter.

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 5:53pm
post #22 of 33

I def get the newsletter because I feel like I get two a day ;)

Shockolata Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 6:20pm
post #23 of 33

OK guys this site must be under attack and I'll tell you why. I was just typing an answer to a post about horizontal lines and  wrote a word that defines a round savoury dish from Italy that is very popular to order a delivery... then no matter what I did, the word changed into a link and when I tried to delete it, it kept taking me to that famous website's ordering page. Grrr! So someone is monitoring what we write and is substituting words with links. Please ensure your antivirus is up to date and run a sweep anyway to avoid placing yourselves in a vulnerable position.

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 6:23pm
post #24 of 33

No, certain words automatically change to links.  It works with store or website names, and some keywords.  Annoying, yes...attacked, no  

Shockolata Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 8:30pm
post #25 of 33

@Brookebakescake  Never had this happen before today. 

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 8:42pm
post #26 of 33

I have. It does it with things like "Wally world," "that website that sounds like a group of South American warrior women," and the like. 

Webake2gether Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 8:49pm
post #27 of 33

I've had it happen as well. And it keeps doing it. To me it almost seems like an autocorrect type function. And I'm still not getting notifications :( 

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 9:16pm
post #28 of 33

You can use the symbols on either side  of the word(s): <Amazon> , for instance, to turn it off if you want.  It's an advertising deal that cc has made.  It's annoying but not a safety concern. 

Brookebakescake Posted 1 Sep 2015 , 9:28pm
post #29 of 33

hello amazon just a test.  If you want, you can change where the link goes.  I'm still working on how to turn it off at all.  If you right click on the hyperlink, just change the url address.   This one goes to cakecentral.com now ;)

Shockolata Posted 2 Sep 2015 , 2:48pm
post #30 of 33

LOL you hacker @Brookebakescake  ! :) Some pizza would be nice now but what annoys me with linked words is that it makes your cursor jump to a couple of words before and then you are typing on and realise it is all a mess. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%