Headshots

Business By Honey6983 Updated 31 Aug 2015 , 8:47pm by Honey6983

Honey6983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey6983 Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 6

Hey everybody! I've finally scheduled time in a few weeks with a photographer to get a headshot done for my website, facebook, etc. But I have no idea what to wear! I don't want it to be cheesy (frilly apron) or like I tried too hard (chef jacket that I don't even own?). Any ideas are appreciated and I'd love to see your headshots!! Thanks!

5 replies
LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 6

I would suggest you make the most of your session and bring a few, very quick, wardrobe changes. You may want different head shots for different things. You can't go wrong with a professional head shot, with a blazer or plain blouse. You may also want to do something more personal and related to cake, I love @indydebi 's headshot with the icing spatula. It looks pro, and also personal. I am biased towards the chef coat, as I do wear one myself. I keep a nice one clean and ironed which I only use for judging or photos. If you're uncomfortable in a chef coat, don't wear it, but I would recommend you do get one, especially for cake deliveries, as you will get more respect when you look the part. 

HTH

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 6

What about basic black or white? Or do you have any shirt with your logo on it? I don't have one on my site, and I'm not planning on adding one, but if I did, I would just go with something I would wear for family pictures.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 6

My chef coat is purple, of course, with the Cake Central logo and my name  on it. But a crisp white chef coat ALWAYS looks sharp. I like the logo t-shirt idea @melmar02  , just make sure you are comfortable in whatever you choose, it will come through in the photos.

gwertheim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gwertheim Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 6

As a photographer I like people bring a couple of changes of clothes depending on the purpose of the shoot

Depending on the background and lighting, the outfit you choose might not look as good as you might think.

If you have a hat or t shirt, bring it just make sure it's ironed and as best as possible crease free

Go in relaxed because if you are over tired or stressed out it will show in the photos

If hair and makeup isn't provided, I'd find tutorials on how to do simple makeup for camera because it's a whole lot different than regular makeup and bring matte powder if it's hot that day so your forehead won't be shiny. little things like that cuts down the editing and makes for a more natural photo

If the photographer is any good, he will know that headshots are to be minimally edited so you still look like you

The finished product should show your best side (minus some wrinkles and some other imperfections) @LeanneW her headshot is something i'd say would be perfect for a website a profile photo. Without going too technical, the photo has some things i'd change but it's small things that only other photo pros would see.

If you need help, shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to pick through the photos to find the best one

Honey6983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey6983 Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks, everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%