Craft Stores' Coupon Policy Summary

Lounge By Brookebakescake Updated 31 Aug 2015 , 11:46pm by -K8memphis

Brookebakescake Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 6

Hey yall! I wanted to post the various coupon policies, especially regarding how to get the best bang for your buck.  This is based on each store's coupon policy, for the U.S.  

Joanns has the most lax policy.  You can use as many Joanns coupons in one transaction (no more than one coupon per item), provided each coupon has a different SKU.  Also, you can use one each of the competitors coupons in that same transactions.  So FOR INSTANCE: if I have 8 items at checkout, none of them on sale, I can use the Joanns coupon in my email, the Joanns coupon from their website, the Joanns coupon from my husband's email (I signed him up!) and the Joanns coupon from the flier in-store or from newspaper, and also the Joanns coupon in their app.   That's 5 coupons so far.  I can ALSO use a Hobby Lobby coupon, a Michaels coupon, AND a Hancock fabrics coupon in that same transaction.  That's 8 items total, 8 coupons total.  

Michaels and Hancock are more strict .  They will allow you to use ONE store coupon and ONE competitor coupon per transaction.  Michaels will honor a competitor coupon only up to 50% off, so if you have a 60% Joann's coupon, use it at Joanns or Hancock, don't waste it at Michaels.

Hobby Lobby is the strictest of all.  One store coupon per customer, per day.  They do not accept competitors coupons.

I don't pay full price for anything I buy ;) Also, Joann's has a VIP program, if you sign up for that you'll get 10% off sale prices (helpful since you can't use coupons on sale items, only regular priced items)  

joanns has a 60% off one cut of fabric  coupon only through Wednesday! Happy shopping!

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 6

thanks for the heads up -- i am mostly a big dud with coupons but i treasure a good deal -- i use online 'coupons' a lot more than at brick & mortars - real paper coupons are hard to keep up -- i'm pathetic huh

Brookebakescake Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 6

I know! Thankfully most of the Joann's coupons are available digitally. Just subscribe to their mailing list, and you can scan the coupon right from your phone. Same for the online coupon, just show it on your phone. Same for the three competitors, just look it up on your phone and show them to the cashier. 

just remember, wherever you can find a Joann's coupon, you can use it in the same transaction as long as the sku number is different!

-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 6

you are a beautiful person, brookebakescake, thank you

Brookebakescake Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 6

Nah, I'm just cheap ;)

-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2015 , 11:46pm
post #6 of 6

perhaps but I would say clever and beautiful

Quote by @%username% on %date%