Chocolate Glacage Cake

Decorating By areesabakes Updated 28 Aug 2015 , 11:25pm by areesabakes

areesabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
areesabakes Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! I am brand new to this site and excited to start connecting with people who share the same passion as I do! I just put out a new youtube video for a chocolate cake covered in chocolate glacage glaze and would love you guy's to give me some feed back! I've never had any training and I'm only 18 years old! I would love to see some of your youtube videos as well so leave links to your channels so I can check them out! :)

5 replies
mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 6

You are really adorable and your desserts look fantastic.   But if I can give you one constructive criticism regarding food prep....even if you are making stuff just for YouTube, try not to touch your hair and then work with your food item without first washing your hands thoroughly. Take a look at your video and count how many times you did it.....it was several.    If I were a potential customer wanting to order a dessert from you and I saw you do that in person or on a video, I would be less likely to order since hair touching is a food handling no no.   It's just one of those off putting things that make many people go "ew, no thanks"   

BUT, other than that little thing, which can be easily remedied by pulling hair back or training yourself not to fuss over your hair all the time, your work is beautiful!   And you are super cute and clearly talented.   

Best of luck sweetheart in your baking endeavors, I am sure with such talent at such a young age big things are ahead for you if you truly want it.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 6

I love the music on your video and the cake looks so cute with the chocolate pieces on the sides!!! I did  enjoy your video!! It is a good idea to put your hair back when cooking in kitchen. I always wear a hat and have my hair back as Mccantsbakes said. 

I feel sure that you can do anything that you set your mind to. Your work is awesome!!!

areesabakes Posted 28 Aug 2015 , 5:09am
post #4 of 6

Thank you both so much for your feedback!

I always tie my hair back when I bake but I left it down for the video because it looks nicer haha. I agree with you guys though I totally didn't realize I was touching it so much...I'll be more careful about that next time!

Thanks for all the positive feedback too... really appreciate it :)

*Last edited by areesabakes on 28 Aug 2015 , 5:15am
mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 28 Aug 2015 , 6:11am
post #5 of 6

I used to work in customer service, and I kept getting sick all the time.   It wasn't until someone pointed out to me that I was *always* rubbing my eyes that I realized that I was even doing it or that it was a major contributor of me getting every germ brought in by customers. 

I had to train myself to stop.   It's funny what little things we do unconsciously.

again, your stuff is beautiful!  and beyond that I learned how to make those white chocolate/chocolate garnishes, I have been wanting to learn to make those for a long time!  So thank you doll!

areesabakes Posted 28 Aug 2015 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 6

Haha ya it's so funny how we don't realize what we are doing but it's so obvious to others mccantsbakes!

so happy you liked my video and that you actually learned something from it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%