Help! Mixed Up Date That Cake Is Due!

Baking By efatrie Updated 27 Aug 2015 , 11:52pm by efatrie

efatrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
efatrie Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 7:22am
post #1 of 6

I am in early stage of my pregnancy and I find that I get mixed up about dates easily (despite noting down the dates on calendar).

I have a chiffon cake + whipped cream frosting (non dairy cream with mascarpone cheese) due on Sat. Which I thought was to be tomorrow and I have already frosted the cake.

Will the cake still be fresh by Sat noon? I intend to put it in the cake box wrapped with cling wrap all around.

Appreciate all input! Thanks!

?
?
?

5 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 9:55am
post #2 of 6

Are you keeping cake in fridge? 

efatrie Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 10:18am
post #3 of 6

Yes I am! Just not sure if it will still taste fresh by Sat noon.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 6

It should be ok. Just keep it in fridge.

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 6

I baked a chiffon cake and kept it out of the fridge, unfrosted. It just got better and better as the days went by! The refrigerated mascarpone will have a life of 3 days easily - can last up to 5 days if it contains sugar. But if you had left it out of the fridge for a long time, the quality and safety could be compromised. In the end, it is your call. If you get mixed up with dates, do not just enter them in your calendar but put an alarm on your phone, too. E.g. Friday 28 Aug - 09.00 am - bake chiffon cake for XXX.  I have to work with alarms all the time but I am well beyond the productive years. :)

*Last edited by Shockolata on 27 Aug 2015 , 3:09pm
efatrie Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much for your advice Natka81 and Shokolata! The only time I left the cake out of the fridge was when I was doing the frosting. So I suppose that should be fine.

This has not happened to me before, and yes, I probably will need to enter the dates into my phone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%