I Forgot!

Lounge By Lorabell Updated 26 Aug 2015 , 3:23pm by cakedout

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 1:00am
post #1 of 11

Please tell me I am not the only one who forgot an order!!:'( 

Thelady texted me and said "I'll see you around 5:00. I'm like see me at 5:00? for what??..then panic. I was supposed to have a cake ready for her and not just her, but for her pastors birthday!!! OMG..I feel so so miserable. UGH. Totally forgot it.

10 replies
sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 1:44am
post #2 of 11

Aww....that's awful, I'm sorry. I forgot I had promised to make a cake for a friend and she reminded me the day before so I just pretended that I remembered and it was a small cake so it was no big deal. How did the lady take it? Was she nice about it?

Lorabell Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 2:19am
post #3 of 11

Yes she was. She said everyone males mistakes. We'll see if she orders from me again.

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 5:22am
post #4 of 11

I've (thankfully) never forgotten a cake.

She was much more understanding than I would have been.

If I had done this I would compensate her in some way. Perhaps with a coupon for a dozen cupcakes (plain, with frosting and sprinkles) and a coupon for a discount on a future order.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 5:41am
post #5 of 11

Argh....My worst nightmare.  I always put orders straight into the calendar of  my phone to remind me on time. And have paper notes in my kitchen too. Am a bit paranoid about forgetting stuff, can you tell, lol?

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 6:02am
post #6 of 11

Just the worst feeling!  I haven't forgotten, but it's been close, like someone said something to me a few days before, but I didn't have it down anywhere.  I have gotten the date wrong, but thankfully I thought it was the day before.  Hope you're okay!

Lorabell Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 11:34am
post #7 of 11

Jedi Knight....great idea!

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 11:40am
post #8 of 11

I've not had that happen, but one practice I've always done helps...I never discuss cake without my order form in front of me!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 12:18pm
post #9 of 11

yes  I've had it happen once 30 years ago, a baby shower cake -- can still feel the steady intense icy burn slamming my whole body -- like permanently getting the breath knocked out of you --

- then there's the many times in places where I worked, a ticket would get lost, a customer thought they called in an order but no record of it can be found so they arrive expecting to pick up and we scramble -- or sometimes an order could get switched with another -- those things certainly happen sometimes -- part of doing business -- gotta run a tight ship and nothing like blowing it to light an everlasting fire to never ever let it happen again --

but I feel yah please accept the sober fist bump of the club nobody wants to be a member of

facepunch.png

now onward & upward :)

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 26 Aug 2015 , 12:22pm
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 12:46pm
post #10 of 11

Yes.  Bride called me on Thursday to confirm her cake on Saturday.  I was in the van and said (without thinking) "This Saturday?"  Bride goes into panic attack.  I begin reassuring her, "Honey, don't panic.  It's just that I'm in the van right now and I don't have my files with me.  Give me 5 minutes to get back to the shop and I'll call you back and confirm all the details with you!"  I find her file in my completed files instead of in my to-be-done files!!  Oh no!!  Fortunately it was a small 3 tier cake so I was able to get it done.  But I called her back and said, "Ok, I hvae the file.  I show a 3 tier cake, white flavor, daisies, to be delivered at 4....." etc. etc.

But......!  I shared that story with all of my weddign planner friends, all of my future brides, as an example of "THIS is why you ALWAYS call to confirm with all of your vendors a few days before the wedding!"

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 3:23pm
post #11 of 11

Unfortunately, I am also a member of that club!

I had a customer show up at my shop to pick up a cake....that I had totally forgotten about!  He was a fellow church member of mine and had asked me at church to do this cake.....and I had forgotten to write it up as soon as I got home! oops.  anyway,  I told him I would deliver it to him before 5pm....and thankfully it wasn't a difficult order, so I quickly rushed to get it baked and decorated.  Delivered it (was nearby) and didn't charge him for the cake.  He never ordered again, either.  :/

Worst nightmare; I once had wedding cake that forgot to get delivered!  I had left for vacation -the wedding cake was ready and waiting in my bakery and a friend (who helped me with baking and decorating on occasion) had agreed to do the delivery.  She got involved with something at home and totally forgot.   The bride was desperately trying to call me - but these were the days before cell phones.  LESSON LEARNED: 1.) always leave the phone number of the delivery person with the bride! 2.) always call and confirm delivery time with the driver!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%