Amount To Charge For Gumpaste Roses

Business By BevieG Updated 25 Aug 2015 , 12:56pm by Shockolata

BevieG Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 8

Hello.  I have a customer that used to order cakes from me (I think that she is either making her own or buying from somewhere else) and now she only wants to order figures from me.  Now she wants to order 10 gumpaste roses with edible glitter on them and also her daughters name cut out in fondant.  I'm not sure how much to charge her.  Last time she ordered some gumpaste figures from me and I know that I undercharged her and I don't want to do it again.  Thank you so much for your help and advice in advance :)

7 replies
-K8memphis Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 8

global sugar art is about $1 - $2 a pop for unwired:  

Jeff_Arnett Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 12:21am
post #3 of 8

I' make it worth my while.  Though I don't price by the flower,  my roses average about $6-$10 each depending on style and size.

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 10:57am
post #4 of 8

I normally do it by time... It takes me about an hour to make 3 large ones overall.  I calculate approx £20 per hour so each rose is around £6 + materials. x

Shockolata Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 8

There is no edible glitter...

-K8memphis Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 8

shockolata, yes there is an edible glitter -- it's the flakey real light weight one made from gum Arabic -- it's less sparkly not as dramatic as disco dust and it doesn't do well with moisture but it is edible glitter -- Wilton makes it or you can make your own too

-K8memphis Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 12:51pm
post #7 of 8

shockolata, yes there is an edible glitter -- it's the flakey real light weight one made from gum Arabic -- it's less sparkly not as dramatic as disco dust and it doesn't do well with moisture but it is edible glitter -- Wilton makes it or you can make your own too

Shockolata Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 12:56pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you @-K8memphis  :)  Just as long as people check the ingredients listing and do not confuse non toxic with edible, it should be alright. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%