Suggestion Needed About Cake And Filling Flavor

Baking By cbairagi Updated 25 Aug 2015 , 4:26pm by cbairagi

cbairagi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cbairagi Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 12

Hi All,

I was planning to make a cake with white and Navy Blue colored decorations. So getting confused in what type of cake and filling I should go for. I have never used or tasted Blueberry flavor in cake. Its 3 layers cake .Please let me know your thoughts.

11 replies
Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 12

You could have any flavor cake/filling you wish, outside decorations notwithstanding.  Has blueberry been requested for the cake?

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 12

Do you want blue and white decoration inside the cake or outside or both? 

You can even colour the cake batter blue btw...

Blueberry smbc is delicious. Even blueberry puree (thickened) as a filling is nice. But you would need a damm in case your outside is white it might bleed through otherwise.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 12

blueberry and lemon is a beautiful thing --

{the first time i made blueberry pancakes i mixed the bbs into the batter and they were purple pancakes -- hahahahaha}

so i think a lemon cake with a blueberry filling would be sumptuous -- lots of different ways to do the filling -- easiest is to purchase blueberry all fruit in a jar from the grocery store -- put a nice layer of that and some buttercream on top -- but if you got some lemon curd and marbled the two together -- wow

best blueberrying to you

cbairagi Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks For responding. 

Im making it for a friend. She wants same colors outside and inside. Preferred.so going with blueberry. 

Also this cake is going to be eggless. 

Lemon blueberry sounds yumm. So can I go with a layer of lemon cake then blueberry filling( thick puree ) then a cake layer then a layer of light white chocolate + whipped cream + little cream cheese and layer of lemon cake?  I will cover and decorate with buttercream icing. 

Will this work? 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 12

oh heck yes -- sounds wonderful -- but what time should i be there stuck_out_tongue.png

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 12

I've also made this one, marbled inside. Lemon and blueberry. It doesn't really stay blue though. It's more of a brownish purple.

http://leitesculinaria.com/3041/recipes-marbled-lemon-blueberry-butter-cake.html

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 12

I've also made this one, marbled inside. Lemon and blueberry. It doesn't really stay blue though. It's more of a brownish purple.

http://leitesculinaria.com/3041/recipes-marbled-lemon-blueberry-butter-cake.html

cbairagi Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 8:55pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks

carver1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carver1 Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 9:03pm
post #10 of 12

My thoughts on this. I don't like blueberry on cake. It's taste and also look is not good (as per my thoughts.)

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 1:46am
post #11 of 12

I was at a wedding recently that had one tier red velvet with strawberry filling (didn't work at all IMHO) but also white cake with blueberry filling which was wonderful!  It was light and refreshing .  

cbairagi Posted 25 Aug 2015 , 4:26pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%