Animal Lovers, Please Read!

Lounge By playingwithsugar Updated 21 Aug 2015 , 3:43am by DixieDooly

playingwithsugar Posted 20 Aug 2015 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to inform you of a Facebook page I follow.

Caitlyn's Comeback - Paw Out Abuse

It started as a page just to make people aware of the plight of a dog who was named Caitlyn by her rescuers. She made national & world headlines because she was abandoned, tied up with her mouth bound with duct tape. Her former owner has been arraigned, and will go to trial in 2016.

This FB page has grown exponentially, to report the abuses of animals, mostly dogs, here and worldwide. There have since been so many copycat abandonments of dogs left for dead that reading the initial postings on each dog cause me to cry. I do not cry easily. 

While this FB page has many followers, it can always use more. I ask you all to follow the page if you can, spread the word about it to all your animal-loving friends, and help find homes for all these wonderful creatures. 

I must warn you - some of the photos are graphic - you want to monitor children seeing some of the pics posted.

If you do not have time to do this, then please just say a prayer that the abuses stop, the perpetrators are found and prosecuted, and that all these loveable find their fur-ever homes.

Thank you for your time. Many hugs to all - 

*Last edited by playingwithsugar on 20 Aug 2015 , 10:15pm
3 replies
DixieDooly Posted 20 Aug 2015 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 4

Thank you for posting this Theresa.  I have always been an animal lover and activist.  The cruelty I have seen and witnessed first hand will forever haunt me so I may not be able to view the Facebook page you mention.  I have been involved with our local Humane Society for about 25 years as well as a few other rescue organizations and make frequent contributions to help in some way.  Believe me when I say I have adopted and rescued my fair share and currently own several babies.

There needs to be stricter laws in place and not just the usual "slap on the hand" that serves as punishment for abuse to animals.  I often say that nothing surprises me anymore but then some low life goes and proves me wrong every time.  I could just puke at the torture I read and hear about all the time.  Is there no end to people's cruelty?

I hope the Facebook page can raise some awareness and maybe find loving homes for those poor babies.  They should be able to have some good life with loving homes after enduring what they have.  I pray for a peaceful existence for them and that they find someone to love them.

playingwithsugar Posted 21 Aug 2015 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

I have often said that abuse crimes against children, the elderly, and animals should all be made capital crimes, because the punishments vary from state to state, and often do not come near the severity of the crime. 

I fully understand why you do not want to look at the pics there. I have difficulty with it, also. I hope that others see the page and share it, so we can help find homes for these sweethearts.

DixieDooly Posted 21 Aug 2015 , 3:43am
post #4 of 4

I hope so too.  It would be wonderful for them to find good homes and find love that they probably have never known.  

I have also said the same as you about crimes against all of the above.  I can't even begin to comprehend the evil in someone that would let them harm a helpless, innocent creature or children and the elderly.  One of my sayings is that I never trust anyone completely who says they don't like animals, and that I like my animals better than a lot of people I know! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%