Please Help With Wasc

Baking By umgrzfn Updated 22 Aug 2015 , 1:28am by umgrzfn

umgrzfn Posted 20 Aug 2015 , 9:50am
post #1 of 8

Please help!!!  I've tried everything with this recipe....I think.  The tops keep coming out sticky!!!!  I've reduce cooking temp and increased cooking time, I've increased cooking temp and decreased cooking time, I've decreased water, I've decreased oil.....I've bought a convection oven, I've also added baking powder because they don't rise either.  PLEASE help!!!!!!  I am at my wits end with this recipe and I love it!!!!!!!!  TYIA!!!!!!!!

7 replies
SandraDee73 Posted 20 Aug 2015 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 8

Mine always comes out sticky (both cakes and cupcakes). I don't pay it any mind, as either it gets trimmed off or it gets iced.

mccantsbakes Posted 20 Aug 2015 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 8

I reduce the sugar in my WASC to anywhere from 2/3-3/4 cup instead of the full cup it calls for.   My cakes don't come out with that stickiness any more 

kakeladi Posted 21 Aug 2015 , 5:10am
post #4 of 8

If you read through the entire recipe thread you would have seen that I have asked that people who have ?s like this either PM or email me directly for a quicker answer.

This does happen to some of the flavors.  Do NOT play with the temp!  Use the recipe as it is posted for best results. 

Reducing the sugar just a bit  as mccantsbakes suggested does sound like a solution - especially with the smaller sized pkgs of mix now available.   

kakeladi Posted 21 Aug 2015 , 5:17am
post #5 of 8

Also - you mentioned decreasing the oil.  There is NO oil in my *original* recipe so you can't be u sing the Kakeladi's *original* WASC recipe. 

Not sure what you mean that you needed to add baking powder 'because the cakes are not rising'.  Could it be that you are not  putting enough batter in the pan?  Until you can 'eyeball' it I suggest one use a plastic ruler and measure how deep the batter is.  It should be about 1 and 1/2 inches deep in a 2" deep pan.  Then it should rise flat across even with the top of your pan *without* that center hump you probably are used to seeing. 

mccantsbakes Posted 21 Aug 2015 , 6:48am
post #6 of 8

Kakeladi-

thank you for the WASC recipe.  I absolutely LOVE it for white cakes and it is my consistent cake anytime I need a reliable recipe 

SandraDee73 Posted 21 Aug 2015 , 12:10pm
post #7 of 8

What @mccantsbakes  said! Great recipe @kakeladi   thumbsup.png

umgrzfn Posted 22 Aug 2015 , 1:17am
post #8 of 8

Kakeladi..........I'm sorry if you thought I should reply by PM to you directly......I like ALL feedback personally.  Not to mention......I don't even know what post you are referring to!!!!!!!! The only way I know it's "your" recipe is from your response!!  I would have never remembered or known to search "kakeladi WASC recipe"   I've had this recipe for quite some time!!!!!!!  And as far as the "oil" goes, I typed this in a panic and was not looking "directly" at the recipe I also did not say this was YOUR "original" recipe.  Do you know how many recipes are truly out there labeled WASC???????  But thank you everyone else for the feedback!!!!!!!!!  I greatly appreciate it!!!!  As far as other things I've tried......Google!!!!!!!  Sometimes it's helpful and sometimes it's not!!!  I am glad to know that it's not just me!!!!!

*Last edited by umgrzfn on 22 Aug 2015 , 1:28am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%