"whipped Nothing"

Decorating By johnson6ofus Updated 19 Aug 2015 , 7:01am by Cher2309b

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 3:05am
post #1 of 6

Ok, so that is what hubby and I nicknamed it. So more like whipped nothing with a dusting of cocoa. Just add water, whip it up, and smooth it on. 

https://jet.com/product/0c4236bc2a11463aba451e4e542d8c1a?jcmp=pla--ggl--home_garden_other--kitchen_dining_other--.--.--.--.--.--2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=bee76b0e-830e-4b37-98b4-ce2bb9a9bcec&kpid=0c4236bc2a11463aba451e4e542d8c1a&gclid=CjwKEAjwjMauBRDH-bOCo56b13wSJABA2-Hv43IdbAtfp1QdCMTYJt8-ixNbfE_ATLFakibHD0jX6RoC6y3w_wcB

It's Wilton's "Chocolate whipped icing mix". Got a local coupon deal, so bought it to try it. It whipped up easy, no problem, smoothed on easy, quite soft so no really piping qualities I bet. Set up in the frig now to see what I got. Just an experiment. 

Anyone else play with this and have an opinion?

5 replies
johnson6ofus Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 6

Aww....someone must have tried this stuff and have an opinion??? Did I do something wrong?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 12:29am
post #3 of 6

If it has "wilton" and "icing" in the name I have to think it's nasty...I doubt that you did anything wrong other than buy a wilton product that's supposed to be edible :/

johnson6ofus Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 4:46am
post #4 of 6

Lol.... but it was FREE. The ONLY reason I actually got it. Boy, is it smooth and fun to play with, but tastes like nothing. I was just wondering if ANYONE out there actually thought it was good. 

But, I am one of those that actually think Costco cake is OK. Not a luscious dessert, but not one that I spit out either. I don't think I am super picky. But this stuff... I dunno. Not awful that I would scrape it off, but just...nothing. 

Is it just me?blush.png

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 6:21am
post #5 of 6

The word you're going for is "bland".

I don't do bland in food, cakes, entertainment, the only time bland may be acceptable is a husband.......nah....not even then.  Nothing is better than bland.

Home bakers probably used this in 1960 and now that they are great-grandparents, they just keep using it and since kids (adult or little) like free cake, bland or not, they keep eating it.

*Last edited by Apti on 19 Aug 2015 , 6:22am
Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 7:01am
post #6 of 6

It's been so long since I bought anything of that brand that I had forgotten why. I recently saw a mould that looked perfect for a cake I was planning. No matter what I did, I could not get the fondant out, apart from soaking it in hot water and I have a large collection of assorted moulds, with which I have never had a problem. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%