Laptot, Tablet Or Mobile? What Is Your Preference? :)

Lounge By Inez26 Updated 19 Aug 2015 , 9:42am by leta

Inez26 Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 8:55am
post #1 of 9

Hello, hello lovely decorators!

I hope you are all having an amazing day today (without much cake stress!).

My name is Inês and I am doing a project for a course :)

It would be a mazing if I could ask your help to answer some really quick questions:

1 - When you are doing your research on cake designs and theme ideas, which platform you use the most? Laptop, tablet or mobile?

(if you could be a tiny little specific and explain why, it would be amazing)

2 - When selecting a cake recipe, do you go to your books or do you go online?

3 - When you are doing your beautiful cake designs, are you looking at a laptop / tablet / mobile screen at all? If yes, which one??

Thank you so much for your help - you are super talented!!

8 replies
costumeczar Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 9

1. Whichever is turned on at the moment.

2. Books generally, but I have a pretty standard set of recipes that I use all the time at this point.

3. If you mean sketching designs, a paper and pencil work best for me. :)

Inez26 Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much for your reply!

Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Aug 2015 , 5:51am
post #4 of 9

1. Depends what time it is - I can't even get on the laptop during the day because there's always a kid using it (in the summer).  I can only get on it late at night.  I like it because of the size of the screen.

2. When I choose a recipe I go to the tried and true in my own binder.  If I'm looking for something I've never tried before I usually look online because I can read reviews and recommendations.

3. I prefer to draw out designs on paper like costumeczar.

littlejewel Posted 17 Aug 2015 , 7:21am
post #5 of 9

1. Desktop because I love having my computer already, also like the bigger screen, and not having to search every room in my house to see where it is.

2. Books unless I am trying something I am not familiar with then I go online because I can check reviews and comments that often times have suggestions.

3. Draw out my design it's the way I was taught, and it works better to achieve the result I intended.

SweetShop5 Posted 17 Aug 2015 , 9:13am
post #6 of 9

1. Definitely my laptop since it has the biggest screen. Details are super important and I feel like I can see them better on a laptop compared to a phone or tablet.

2. I don't have many books for cake recipes, so most of the time I look online. But when it comes to cookies and all, I use books.

3. If people request a specific cake they saw online, I usually look at it on my laptop or phone (which ever is closer to me).

Inez26 Posted 17 Aug 2015 , 11:36am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much for such insightful answers - it is really interesting to see people use different techniques to achieve the same goal - make the most perfect cake!

You are all amazing - Thank you so much!

AndreasComunale Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 8:25am
post #8 of 9

I will choose the laptop. 

leta Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 9:42am
post #9 of 9

1. Desktop.  bigger screen, easier navigation, keyboard.

2. most of my recipes are from books, however I'd probably search online for a new one--again, desktop.

3.  Paper printouts are probably preferable to me, but if photo quality is important, I use my tablet because the screen is larger than mobile, but it can be used on the worktable without taking up too much space.  

Actually, I mostly use my ipad for streaming netflix while I work.   And my phone for pandora.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%