Hello, hello lovely decorators!
I hope you are all having an amazing day today (without much cake stress!).
My name is Inês and I am doing a project for a course :)
It would be a mazing if I could ask your help to answer some really quick questions:
1 - When you are doing your research on cake designs and theme ideas, which platform you use the most? Laptop, tablet or mobile?
(if you could be a tiny little specific and explain why, it would be amazing)
2 - When selecting a cake recipe, do you go to your books or do you go online?
3 - When you are doing your beautiful cake designs, are you looking at a laptop / tablet / mobile screen at all? If yes, which one??
Thank you so much for your help - you are super talented!!
1. Whichever is turned on at the moment.
2. Books generally, but I have a pretty standard set of recipes that I use all the time at this point.
3. If you mean sketching designs, a paper and pencil work best for me. :)
Thank you so much for your reply!
1. Depends what time it is - I can't even get on the laptop during the day because there's always a kid using it (in the summer). I can only get on it late at night. I like it because of the size of the screen.
2. When I choose a recipe I go to the tried and true in my own binder. If I'm looking for something I've never tried before I usually look online because I can read reviews and recommendations.
3. I prefer to draw out designs on paper like costumeczar.
1. Desktop because I love having my computer already, also like the bigger screen, and not having to search every room in my house to see where it is.
2. Books unless I am trying something I am not familiar with then I go online because I can check reviews and comments that often times have suggestions.
3. Draw out my design it's the way I was taught, and it works better to achieve the result I intended.
1. Definitely my laptop since it has the biggest screen. Details are super important and I feel like I can see them better on a laptop compared to a phone or tablet.
2. I don't have many books for cake recipes, so most of the time I look online. But when it comes to cookies and all, I use books.
3. If people request a specific cake they saw online, I usually look at it on my laptop or phone (which ever is closer to me).
Thank you so much for such insightful answers - it is really interesting to see people use different techniques to achieve the same goal - make the most perfect cake!
You are all amazing - Thank you so much!
I will choose the laptop.
1. Desktop. bigger screen, easier navigation, keyboard.
2. most of my recipes are from books, however I'd probably search online for a new one--again, desktop.
3. Paper printouts are probably preferable to me, but if photo quality is important, I use my tablet because the screen is larger than mobile, but it can be used on the worktable without taking up too much space.
Actually, I mostly use my ipad for streaming netflix while I work. And my phone for pandora.